slug.com slug.com
35 7

Are private security militias the future of public safety?

With cities from Minneapolis to Seattle drastically cutting their police department budgets, law abiding citizens are asking the obvious question of how this will impact their safety. Gun sales across the country have skyrocketed as people prepare to take the law in their own hands. Neighborhoods are beginning to consider alternatives to police such as citizen walks and private security firms. Who knows, maybe there will be a tech startup for "Uber for guns" where subscribers can summon independent contractors, including formerly employed police officers, to the rescue.

What do you think is going to happen?

How are you preparing for potential defunding of police?

• 18 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 8 votes
Admin 8 Aug 10
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

illegal or black market gun sales will go up now more then ever. You don't want the government to know how many guns you have if any

B1967 Level 7 Aug 10, 2020

The best firearm is the one nobody knows you have unless or until you are forced to use it.

I'm planning for an inevitable breakdown in public services. I've never been much of a "prepper" - prepared, but not to the point it's a lifestyle.

That's changing after I saw how quickly people lost their minds with the advent of #COVID19. In conjunction with the widespread riots - and the state's demonstrated willingness to surrender the apparatus of government (e.g., police stations, court houses, no-go zones, etc) to #anarchists - I've become much more interested in prepping and organizing community defense.

Arm yourself. Educate yourself. Start networking with like-minded individuals and organizing a system that will keep your community intact and safe when public services collapse and you are on your own. Such talk seemed ludicrous just a few years ago. Now it's on the evening news nightly.

I can't help but think, the more private companies brought in the more the death rate will go up.

Many cities already have private security organizations. They're called street gangs.

All of this from day 1 comes out of the liberal lefts creation of the illegal drug culture in America that started about 50 years ago give or take. So many Americans have used/bought/ drugs that in effect they became defacto small time criminals. Many thought the game was cool and words like narc, stash, bummer, weed, became common parlance and speech. This brought into the society negative traits on a large scale that were not previously as common, lies, and more lies, dishonesty, having to hide contraband (drugs) This is just the tip of the iceberg. Just think about it and how illegal drugs changed America, I'm sure many of you are not innocent as the drug culture became acceptable to many formally known as normal. (so you know what I am talking about)
This sea change in our culture has been so destructive to our body politic it is hard to fathom or account for now as it is and has been this way for a long time, the new normal.
In these circumstances and times of change so large as what is being discussed here would only be counterproductive and extremely dangerous.
Just as some want legalized drugs, thinking if you get rid of the law aspect, things will improve, this is not the case in any large populated country. Russia and vodka is a good example.
Here as we know from the Rap Criminal Culture guns and drugs are a poor mix. Chicago is a good example.

It is interesting to see the normalization of the "flash mob"... they can coordinate 100s of looters in a matter of hours. Once looters see that they can do this with little resistance, it could get worse?

@Admin
“Flash Responses” a gang shows up and starts in on a “Flash Looting Spree” and folks pull out shotguns and start mowing them down with 00 Buckshot.

Why shotguns and buckshot? No way to match the gun up to the shot ... who shot who? If the shopkeepers “accidentally” erase any video feed, there will be nothing for evidence just a crapload of dead people and a bunch of large BBs

What we see right now is:

1. This is an election year
  2. There is currently a 'pandemic'.
    Under these circumstances, the people with the highest work ethics are no better than the laziest most entitled ones. Hence the lazy entitled can go out and loot and we see nothing of the revulsion felt by normal society, with the help of the traitorous MSM. Once the 'pandemic' has more or less resolved, the abnormality of the looters/terrorists cannot and will not be ignored any longer, the pendulum will regain its true mass and swing the other way

I guess that pendulum hinges on who wins in November? (sorry about the mixed metaphor)

I don't have a problem with a law abiding citizen owning a gun. The only thing that interests me is why so many gun violence. It seems a problem since our country establish the welfare state. Of course causation doesn't equal correlation.

not gonna say

iThink Level 9 Aug 10, 2020

DECENTRALIZE DECENTRALIZE DECENTRALIZE...Some of us did this years ago. Some time ago central Canada was lauded as far removed from most dangerous scenarios as you can get. Shame is that most city dwellers do not take to the lifestyle and go back to urban areas after a while. This decentralization would buck the title 21 agenda, exactly what they do not want especially the UN. The left believes the wild animals are more important than you and your family and that rural land is for them not you and that people are more than one gender. heheheeh

Can you elaborate? Decentralize?

No. We will regain sovereignty within a decade or two and return society to normalcy (for better or worse).

I’m hopeful to that the pendulum is slowing down. Appeasements rarely work when the recipients lack gratitude.

@Admin "Appeasements" are almost non-existent at this point.

@WilyRickWiles Appeasements only exist when at least one side (the aggrieved) receives what they have demanded. When the demands only escalate with each concession, appeasement by definition ceases to exist.

They are making us into a criminal culture as much as they can. They have been at it for years. Criminals get let out and slapped on the wrist. IT has got so bad it is no joke. IT's the left courts that need to go. We can then get some hangin' judges like the ol' West. Judge Roy Bean types will be needed.

Do you get the sense that the looters are just testing the defenses of the police and, seeing that they are not arrested in mass, will continue to escalate?

@Admin The police are told to stand down by their superiors officers ask them why we are following orders. Response time is about 45 minutes
There is private armed security in many of the buildings and neighborhoods in Manhattan for many years
the only one who suffers are the poor and middle class

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 130

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top