slug.com slug.com
1 2

Let's examine, without naming names, the 'inclusivity' where LGBTQ and arts folk meet (bit of a longpost). I'm part of a specific-niche arts community, and I'd say majority of its members are in some way LGBTQ, poly, and/or kink-identified. This is totally fine by me, I am all three. Yet the elephant in the room is how you MUST be That Kind of Left politics identified, and if you're not, you're going to get heavily exiled. Not only have we had public "Cancelling" that has caused professionals to lose professional positions, but also mass un-associating.
One time, I made a very logical POV on trans-identity disclosure. All I did was advocate that partners have a right to autonomously decide not only who they share their lives with, but bodies with, also. We make these choices all the time, from career positions to "do you want kids or not?" I even brought in the topic of childbearing; a cis-heterosexual woman would not be able to biologically create a child with a trans-heterosexual man by way of sex, which could be a dealbreaker for her. As Blaire White has also pointed out, early disclosure can actually save lives and prevent violent (even fatal) reactions, which harm transgender individuals on a numerous scale annually.
I'm all for disagreement, discourse, free speech and talking things out. What ensued was multiple globally-known names in this community unfriending me and ensuring I would not be sharing the same platforms at them. Even though I am no less LGBTQ, and exist in my community to keep it safe.
At what stage do we say to ourselves, not only are we silencing LGBTQ voices (which is counterproductive to our equality in society), we're also potentially endangering lives when the "oppositional force" that we brand as -phobic or -ist at the drop of a hat, is offering logical discourse? Why do we do this? How has our community come to this, when not 50-60 years ago, we were being arrested, not just killed?
Why are we so afraid to not only examine ourselves, but also share our spaces with LGBTQ people that have differing views to us? This rabid "One Of Us" mentality, is preventing the professional and hobbyist LGBTQ artists... From existing. And I am not the only one.

LunaWings 1 May 1
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You're not alone, I got banned from an LGBTQ group for stating an opinion that didn't jive with the overall mindset. Someone posted in a group I was in that "having a genital preference" is transphobic, and that "we shouldn't encourage that kind of violence within the LGBTQ community". I replied that that was an offensive comment to make, because it diminishes the meaning behind innate sexual orientation and invalidates what it is to be heterosexual or homosexual ... and I was kicked out because my remark was deemed transphobic. I was stunned - I'm not a transphobe, by any stretch of the imagination. I just don't approve of someone being shamed for being attracted to something specific.

they ban anyone who has a different opinion which is horrible and borderline abusive behavior

Recent Visitors 17

Photos 45 More

Posted by fthemediaI noticed with people who want to be the opposite sex as a trend or way of escape are mostly young girls aged 13-16, gay women with internalized homophobia, gay men with internalized homophobia, ...

Posted by fthemediaIs is horrible and sad that we live in a day and age where mental disorders are trendy and being a majority is demonized by the far left.

Posted by fthemediaThis 100% many don't and just want to share there story

Posted by fthemediaIt's like we are living in a irl cringe comp.

Posted by fthemediaWelcome to incel central. Free ignorance!

Posted by TheHerrDarkThat sounds about right

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by Caseyxsharp2I don't know what happened to the comments that I was making before on my other post.

Posted by NaomiShould there be legal restrictions on trans athletes competing in schools?

Posted by Naomi"Super Bi", “Super Gay”, “Super Lesbian”... So, is there anything wrong with "Super Straight"? Are you offended by the term?

Posted by ariellescarcellaHow do we feel about this? "Men and the rest" Why do men get the "safe space" toilet when they are not the ones who generally at risk?

Posted by AtitayaWoah. This is beyond madness. 😂😂 “There’s a lot to unpack here.”

Posted by TheHerrDarkSince you are an expert, Doesn't this ad look like a woman taking her top off? Did the Oculus design and marketing team really go there?

Posted by TheHerrDarkRemember when the leftist said Trump would shake Hitler's hand?

Posted by ariellescarcellaMen in dresses. Good, bad? Who cares?

• Top tags#video #world #sex #reason #gender #community #lesbian #media #videos #hope #gay #society #youtube #friends #kids #rights #culture #Identity #LGBT #children #god #money #government #hell #conservative #truth #politics #Police #liberal #transgender #sexuality #Canada #biden #democrats #TheTruth #book #vote #progressive #Orientation #racist #Socialmedia #created #birth #feminism #fear #evil #mother #guns #lgbtq #death ...

Members 2,802Top