slug.com slug.com
35 7

Should white people consider identifying as non-whites for personal gain?

Halloween is a unique opportunity for adults to transform themselves into scary monsters, super heroes, movie characters or even sexy playthings. Identifying as something different is not only a fun temporary escape but increasing a way to gain power. Consider the case of white people, mostly women, who decide to identify as a minority. For example, a white assistant professor was just outed for claiming to be Chicana and another white/Jewish professor of African, Caribbean and diaspora history claimed to be black. If minorities are supposed to face racist obstacles and oppression, why do so many whites, including biracial people such as Barack Obama, try to pass as minorities? As states like California are trying to legalize race-based affirmative action in education and corporate boards, there is a greater incentive for people to identify as non-whites. Is it time for more white people to identify as non-white, or a higher intersectionality score, for personal gain and perhaps thwart identity-based preferences?

Whites identifying as a minority should...

• 8 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 19 votes
Admin 8 Oct 30
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

stop playing the game. don't identify as anything. you are you not your race.

This movie highlights that you HAVE to choose a race...[howjackbecameblack.com]

If memory serves me right in 1998, in the South African National Arts festival and awards, almost all the awards went to black artists, for the first time in the 40 odd year run of the event.
The next year a number of non-black artists entered half their work under their own names and half under aliases, specifically black names.
White artists won in 1999 all the major awards, but only under their aliases. They won nothing under their own names.
In 2000 entering under an alias were banned... however by now the awards lost all their prestige.

Their has since been large arguments about whites claiming black ancestry... myself having my great-great-great-great- grandfather taking a Khoi wife alongside his German wife... and 12 children with no record of who the mother was.
My family is dark for Europeans and I always thought it was some Khoi blood in my ancestry.
However, no chance of me claiming that.

Hanno Level 8 Oct 30, 2020

"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all ... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic ... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else."

Theodore Roosevelt Jr. (1858 – 1919) was an American statesman, politician, conservationist, naturalist, and writer who served as the 26th president of the United States from 1901 to 1909.

The last thing you want is in this close to election highly charged political situation pretend you are anything other than American if you live in American and want to the country to survive. If anything in the age where people routinely seems to be wearing masks and integrity is entirely extinct, do you really want to put masks on top of masks or just wear integrity on your sleeve as it were? I support the latter. I do not support virtue signaling. Try integrity for change. On social media platforms for most every day is Halloween.

>If minorities are supposed to face racist obstacles and oppression, why do so many whites, including biracial people such as Barack Obama, try to pass as minorities?

If #WhitePrivilege was as advantageous as the #Left claims it is, more minorities would be trying to pass for #White. #POC were falling over themselves trying to pass for White when being White conferred advantage. Now biracial people claim their more oppressed ancestry and #Jews as White as any #honky make it a point to stress that they're not White, they're #Jewish. 🙄

When you identify as anything but yourself you are a lost cause, get out of the way. Let reality erase you! It will anyway...

Pegase Level 1 Oct 31, 2020

You can always find someone who will do anything to gain attention. That's real diversity.

Pand0ro Level 7 Oct 31, 2020

We should do whatever gives us financial or political gains. They system hates us and wants us gone. Therefore, whatever benefits us whites is the moral thing to do.

If the left sez any gender goes, then I guess it must be the same with race? right?

If claiming Hispanic or Amerindian heritage will help get you admitted to college, do it!

sqeptiq Level 10 Oct 30, 2020

For personal gain, no.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 106

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top