slug.com slug.com
55 9

A few days ago, a member posted the following graphic which contains anti-Semitic and other inflammatory messaging. It was flagged for incivility and was removed but I would like to get your thoughts as to what should have happened. One consideration is that it is impossible for us to know if this was posted by someone who has these views (which we support someone's right to have them provided that their actions do not violate law) or by someone who is posting these around to make it look like there are many people who have obviously hateful intentions. What do you think? Do you see many of these types of graphics on other sites?

This graphic was...

• 26 votes
  • 18 votes
  • 18 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 7 votes
Admin 8 May 26
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

55 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Though I do not agree witn these post and find them disturbing the reason I joined this group was due censorship on Facebook and other sites. Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. Not sensitive. I can always not read, block or delete.

It saddens me but does not surprise me what the votes are here. " it is impossible for us to know if this was posted by someone who has these views..." yet the majority of votes have decided on behalf of the person who posted it that they do have these views. Grow up. This is supposed to be the intellectual dark web. There is no more intelligence here for the most part than there is anywhere else. Let's just speculate and call that the truth. THIS IS HOW WE ARRIVED HERE IN SOCIETY and apparently the momentum is strong. THINK for yourselves and stop being offended by everything. Go to MSM social media where things are safe.

Difficult intelligent discussions sometimes get uncomfortable. This image should not offend anyone. And if you are offended, what happened to just changing the channel and not dictating what everyone else is allowed to do based on how YOU feel about something?

RAZE Level 7 May 27, 2020

You can say whatever you want. Until you act there is no repercussions (other than revealing what you said to others). If you mean to cause me to act, you will fail every time. If you meant to act yourself, why warn them? If you mean to piss off somebody, that's on them.

I may be simple minded but I don’t want to have to work too hard to try to determine what point is being made. One glance at something like this is enough to make me move on. On that basis I voted not appropriate. It’s the equivalent of an incoherent rant. On the general principle of what should be allowed, I’m ok as long as a post isn’t advocating violence or illegal actions. Having said that there are limits. I don’t log on to read endless criticisms of one group against another when there is no reasoned content. I’m with Edgework on the issue of memes. I don’t want to see the site turned into a cartoon show.

I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Makes me think of Mel Gibson in "Conspiracy Theory" who turned out to be partially correct.

What are your specific concerns?

jakuboj Level 8 May 26, 2020

Leave it up. Majority of us know it is wrong and most of us will call out badness when we see it. This is a Free Speech website so leave it up for debate.

Hard to tell what motivates someone to post this sort of thing. The content seems nuts, so if it was posted without comment it was likely either a supporter or someone out to smear the site by implying that everyone here is a supporter. Either way you were well within your rights to take it down. It’s your site.

First time I saw something like it posted, can’t see in close enough detail to know if it is anti-semetic it just conspiracy crap.

My first thought is that it was posted to slander the site.

Casiah Level 4 May 26, 2020

Freedom of speech, period. Leave it up. Once we start getting into guessing people's motivations we have started down the snowflake rabbit hole.

This is either a far left troll looking to label people as holding these views or a nutjob that may believe this nonsense. Either way it should not have been removed. Whats the point of free speech if the fruit cakes can't say their peace?

The only reason to use your platform at present, is because you represent free speech. If you become like Facebook and YouTube, I think lots of people will lose interest. Let your members censor in conversation

Cant see anything anti-semetic, instant reaction to this is its some anti-vaxxer or Qannon shtick. Looks to have a Canadian focus, would at least like the original poster to explain what they've posted.

To a half intelligent being it’s just garbage, and I would hope that censoring it is the very last resort, if and only if, rebuttals are not adequately addressing the issue then censoring it is the moderators choice.
I prefer membership to respond appropriately to this sort of garbage.

Rick-A Level 8 May 26, 2020

To me, it looks like the work of a troll posting a poorly laid out 'cut & paste' job...

It is impossible to assign or attribute value on this without some context
If the person who posted it did so without comment or questions then it can only be seen as a provocation; intentionally offensive.
Regardless it is very low brow. Like picking your nose and flicking boogers at a senior staff conference or a church service.
Is it possible the poster put this garbage here attempting to to damage the credibility of the IDW Community? Are we being trolled here?

iThink Level 9 May 26, 2020

That's what I had suspected, deliberate sabotage in an attempt to ruin the site's credibility.

On a side note, like how you used IDW there instead of SLUG. I imagine those of us who have been on here for some time will always refer to this site as IDW, and personally I can't quite get behind the SLUG name.

I have seen several graphics in the ten days I've been here. I didn't vote on the nature of this graphic because like all the others similar to this one, I was unable to really read what it was saying in the smaller fonts. I don't know how dangerous/disruptive these things are but they are obviously very poorly made and if for no other reason should be removed. It hurts my eyes trying to see what they say.

I can’t see it all either

I'd say leave it up and let the community downvote it. While I have no clue as to whether or not the person really has these views or just wants to spam, I voted for 'has these views'. I don't care what their motivation is, I'll just ignore them if they don't have real arguments.

There are groups who do this. Israel has an organisation that monitors and trolls the internet.
I got that information from an Israeli site. That is to be expected as they are at war !
There have been false flags in the States and Europe so who knows.

The answer is !! An easy "Block" feature .... One obvious and quick to use. Click .... Post gone and site Blocked.

I personally find it... not reprehensible but more like stupid, posted by a stupid person!

I'm pretty much a free speech guy, but this is unacceptable. The "BURY THEM ALL..........SIX FEET UNDER" crosses the line into incitement to violence, and that (and that alone) is completely beyond the Pale. Not appropriate.

Colpy Level 7 May 27, 2020

As I am resentful of the sabotage that was weaponized against a duly elected administration, I can understand anger. If this were the times of the establishment of the country, would this be treason, punishable by death? An incitement to violence or an understandable outrage at the present double standard of justice?

Oh .... while I'm here ... when UKIP set up a site ... it was flooded with Far Left false posts. Racist BS to discourage voters from Commonwealth countries from viewing the site.

The charge of "Racists" was used by Conservative Labour and Lib dems because UKIP wanted more trade and closer relationships with Commonwealth Countries ( India Nigeria Malaysia South Africa ) most recent immigrants were from these countries ! Racist was the only tool they had ........ Didn't work .... in my city a third of UKIP members were Sikh.

While I do not share the views of this post I support free speech, I cannot support free speech and at the same time seek to deny someone the right to express his views.
I think the best way to deal with such hatefulness is to have it out in the open so all can see how hateful, uninformed and stupid the person who posted it is, if you hide things it only makes people more interested in seeing it.
On a site like this one has to walk a fine line between freedom of speech and preventing hate less others step in and close you down, so its a tough call.

Can't read the post and won't answer the options in the poll as they hold a lot of presumed position. There are folks on this site who troll daily with short statements and links to all sorts of articles that I have learned which are worth a bother and which are not. From what i can read of the graphic, nothing there is directly antisemitic unless someone can show me some super secret code I am missing, but then again what is the point if the majority don't get this "code".

Free speech is by it's very nature offensive to those who wish conformity over the growth and development of the person. Censorship is going down the tyrants path and I hope that is not the path this site is heading down.

Most of the wording cannot be read at this resolution, except the large print. I'm not sure of the objections, were the graphics offensive or the language, cannot give an answer in this instance. What am I missing?

RCGibb Level 7 May 27, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 263

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top