slug.com slug.com
48 3

What is your mental image when you hear the term "Transwoman"?

Transgenderism is a controversial topic both outside and inside the trans community. Within the community, there is a split between those who just want to be treated like "normal" women and those who are fine with the sexual/kink aspect... as the latter make the former appear more of a choice than an internal identity ("born that way" ). Many of the 99.5% of people who are not transgendered often have passionate views on how society should handle these people. As you may know, the supreme court recently issued workplace discrimination protection for transgendered Amercians.

Since this is our first question-of-the-day about transgenderism, instead of discussing policy, let's start with discussing what transgenderism, or more specifically, what the term "transwoman" means to you.

When I hear "transwoman", I think of:

• 22 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 8 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 55 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 13 votes
Admin 8 June 17
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

48 comments (26 - 48)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why should i care? Pardon for being blunt but why is this more important say than a rare type of cancer that effects a similar small percentage?

Yes its connected to LGB and identity politics then those are the issues, in itself i don't care beyond seeing to much of it. I don't really care if men dress up or their wives make them, more interesting question is why doesn't female cross dressing get the same attention?

But muh, here by grace of god go I.

All of the above....or below. Love is what its all about.... take it or leave it. Only a phuckwit really wants to get contentious and look beyond.

Felix Level 7 June 18, 2020

Klinger from MASH was actually a cross-dresser.
Transsexuals are mentally-ill faggots who wish to furtively
vouchsafe female bathroom rights to themselves
to fondle little girls.

BIG difference.

Klinger was a character looking for a mental illness discharge I think.

A truly distorted image. Sorry we share the same State...I'd like to keep my distance.

Given where you live, an interesting opinion - but probably not surprising you sound pissed.

I miss MASH... fond memories of watching it with my dad (who was in the Korean conflict). BTW, we don't want profanity/slurs used here but the post did ask for what is your mental image and the F-word is expressive in this context. The irony is that for the transwomen who are gay, they pose little harm to women in the bathroom (except the size/novelty). A challenge is that some transwomen are straight. I think those would be more concerning to you in this context.

Transfemmers, menstruation in disguise.

To me, a woman is a person with two X chromosomes, and a man is a person with an X chromosome and a Y chromosome. People with three chromosomes in that location have a birth defect and have to be considered differently. To me, anything that includes the word "woman" should be describing someone with two X chromosomes and no Y chromosomes.

In the modern vernacular, I think that a "transwoman" is someone with one X chromosome and one Y chromosome who is trying to live as a woman. I think that's a foolish way of defining things, but I think that's what the term has come to mean.

Of the people who have one X and one Y chromosome and try to live as a woman, I see several explanations.

One explanation is that the person has a mental illness. Many mental illnesses can and should be tolerated to some extent by society. Many of the asylums of the past were places of terrible horror. On the other hand, when we tolerate too much insanity and allow the insane to be unrestrained, we simply move the horror to all of society. Turning all of society into an asylum is bad policy for both the sane and the insane. I don't think that men with this illness need to be institutionalized except in rare and extreme cases that involve some other behavioral problems. In some cases, they can be treated and will live as men. In other cases, their illness might not cause any other problems and within limits, they can live as women. However, they have no right to insist that others see them as women.

Another explanation is that some people are just overgrown, spoiled children who are seeking attention. They don't really see themselves as women. They just enjoy trying to force society to go along with their insistence that a lie is true. This isn't a mental illness. This is just evil. If they want to do this in their own little circle of like-minded friends, that's their business. When they insist that others pretend a lie is true, society has a right to refuse. A society that won't stand against this kind of lie is a society that is dying.

A third explanation is that some people have mental illness forced on them by parents who are largely evil but may also be somewhat mentally ill. Some parents are spoiled, evil people who want to force society to say that a lie is true, and they use their own children to try to do this. Eventually, their power over their children can induce confusion and mental illness in these children. These children should be treated to undo the damage that their evil parents have done.

I don't need to demand you see me as a woman - if we meet on the street, you are very likely to treat me as such as a matter of course. And 1) we are generally not seeking attention, certainly not as transsexuals; and 2) we really DO see ourselves as women! I don't seek to force ANYONE to see me or treat me in a specific way OTHER THAN as is socially acceptable for any other man or woman to treat someone they perceive as a woman.

Your third explanation requires it's own post, but know that many in the transsexual community fear for children greatly in this context.

I only consider a man a "transwoman" AFTER they have undergone GRS (gender reassignment surgery.) Until then, they are simply transvestites.

FatMike Level 5 June 17, 2020

We are required to live in the 'gender of choice' (I hate that phrasing) called the 'real life test' for at least a year prior to surgery - we are DEFINITELY NOT transvestites during that period. Just sayin'

I have described transvestites as people 'vacationing in the opposite sexes' environment' but certainly not anyone that wants to MOVE lock, stock and barrel into it.

The left will use any ultra minority to divide us because the majority will not go along with their sordid BS. The populace rejected the idea of the fake class struggle, so they tried race, no dice, now identity politics. The first to go to the camps will be the LGBTXYZ because the thinking on the left will be if you could not be true to the majority, you won't be true to the Communist.

Schizophrenics may believe that they have five people living inside their heads. That is their reality. I can acknowledge those people, but they are not real. Someone who thinks they are a different sex or desires to dress as a different sex, has a "reality" problem. It is their reality. It isn't my reality, and I should not have to participate in their altered mental state. Just as I don't think we should discriminate against those with mental problems, we should not discriminate against these people. I do, however, honestly believe them to have a chemical imbalance, or mental condition.

I would say that a person who fully and honestly believes themselves to be a “transgender” is probably, at best, “confused”.
There might be some tiny percentage of people in which this mental/physical state is actually real but I would believe it is about the same percentage of people who are actual, physical Hermaphrodites.
For the overwhelming majority of those claiming “transgenderism” I believe its basically a Mental Aberration.

I try not to focus on lifestyles that don’t affect me because transgenderism is rather confusing, however I know many smart and logical trans people so I don’t invalidate it. However, I do think the left is taking advantage of them to spread an agenda.

Tati Level 6 June 17, 2020

“Traps” date back into antiquity. Black pigeon talks about it.

I... probably disagree with every single belief of yours. But as someone from the opposite side of the isle. Yes trans women (and trans men and enbies) date back into antiquity with various societal reactions and structures surrounding these groups with everything from ambivilence to acceptance at a distance to associations with divinity.

Yeah... that’s what I said

"Traps" is just a term that fragile males use when they find a trans woman attractive and hit on them, and upon finding out they are trans, they freak out because their ego has been hurt and it threatens their masculinity and now they accuse the trans woman of tricking them. It often ends up with the man viciously beating or murdering the trans woman.

I picture a woman trying to be a man.

Transgenderism is another form of mental illness!!!!!
I know I will get slammed for that comment, but it is where I stand!!!!!!!!!!!

Serg97 Level 8 July 23, 2020

Trans women make me think of mental illness. You can pretend you are another sex. You can dress like another sex. You can flood your body with hormones of the opposite sex. You can even have surgery to alter secondary sexual characteristics. Do all these things and every hair, every nail clipping, every flake of dandruff will still proclaim your genetic gender.

The body's genetic gender is imprinted into every cell with a nucleus. It's wired into brain structure. It's a controlling factor in the endocrine system. It controls development of the musculoskeletal systems.

You can alter some of this complex, suble physiology by flooding the body with estrogen, but the body will reassert its genetic gender whenever the food stops.

One of the problems I have with questions like this is that every one of these groups has some measure of a "normal" distribution, meaning that there is a range of possibilities. In general, however, there is at least one characteristic of transwomen. They believe they have the right to dictate reality. Because they for whatever stated reason "want" or "need" to be, they believe it right that they should see themselves as women - and that they have the right to require that other people treat them as though those other people see them as women, too - in some cases to the point where they see it as their right to demand that all of society accomodate and celebrate their preferred perception themselves. I know there are many transgenders who just want to live their lives, but when I think of a transwoman, I tend to think of people who hate themselves and everyone else, and who want to be the god (dictating the way things are to be) to everyone around them. That view isn't likely to change as long as there are militant activists pushing their agendas down everyone else's throats.

KayLady Level 1 June 18, 2020

I have always been on the tail of a normal distribution (all of them I could be construed as being part of ). I'll leave it to the imagination which tail I sit on!

A segment of society that is mentally ill, a small number of whom are aggressive, militant, and granted rights and access they should NOT have!

I try to acknowledge there are people with issues and there are people that try to use those issues politically. Seldom are they the same people.

@tracycoyle
I think you are right!

Imagine trans-formations as a box of cigarettes. Now place a label equivalent to the ones of cancer on it. Plain text: "This procedure will NOT help you to become attractive to straight men in any way, shape or form because human mating relies in biochemical communication that is invisible to us, and is impossible to change. For the same reason, the exact same expectations of working to pay for your own way in life and to be the brave one in a group, will still be placed upon you. You will 100% percent be able to perceive yourself as a complete woman in your mind, but just like farts, everybody else will be able to smell the truth no matter what. This is for banal purposes only". And trans problem solved. Before I leave: [GAY WITH TRANS YOUTH EXPERIENCES CARD].

A1fredo Level 8 June 18, 2020

Given my experience (and a few other's I have spent a lot of time talking to), this would be inaccurate. Post-ops that have been on hormones for a long time would present - via ALL senses - as women/men.

@tracycoyle Madonna looks like an ageless beautiful woman -sometimes- which is awesome. Would you go for the chances of her being able to keep constantly pulling that off over and over without a problem, over an actual beautiful young woman? I don't see why somebody would, even if it were possible. Especially knowing how much women change after they put a ring on their fingers. You know what I'm saying?

@tracycoyle Besides, do you know why they want to be desirable to straight men? Because we, gay masculine men, are too faggy for then. That's it. Theres nothing a straight man has that we don't. That's pure homophobia. So...

@A1fredo Not a 100%, but I would guess it is a variation on 'why have the imitation when there are plenty of real ones around'. No? I really don't care what someone is when it comes to friendship/intimacy. I've been with just about every variation on the spectrum of gender/sex/race. I'm interested in the internal and if someone is interested in that about me, we tend to get along and have 'fun' overnight.

I'm not attractive to gay men - I don't have the parts AND I don't look masculine. I am truly a bitch, not a bastard! Affectation doesn't change my opinions.

@tracycoyle That's cool, I'm all for live and let live. However, I do think it would be harmful if us weirdos try to impose views that are not held by the majority as those would confuse future generations that won't feel the same way. For example, I really really wish I could tell who has an enormous dick before even knowing he exists because I don't care to invest myself in someone who is not like that. I know I'm being stupid, but for reason I can't seem to change my desires. It would be harmful for others if I tried to put forward my utopia upon the world.

That being said, I'm cool with trans, I actually even feel them, but pretending biological sex doesn't exist I harmful as they will have to deal with their male bodily functions, like the constant injection of tertosterone (as little as it may be), morning woods, bodily desires, etc. Women don't work that way. So it will make it harder for them to find their place in the world, to adapt themselves in a way they can feel comfortable and be happy.

What do you say?

@A1fredo Given I tried to 'be' the guy, I pretty much sucked at it - pardon the pun. Your approach is no different than the guy that is only interested in women with big boobs. Frankly, I'm not interested in investing my time and effort 'for a dick'., regardless of the size. And big ones are overrated.

I think the female to male have it harder in some ways, but neither of us LIKE having to go through this - I wouldn'[t wish it on the worst person in the world. Being 'different' is easier today than it was 30 years ago, 300 years ago, 3000 years ago. It tends to be relative.

I do not seek to impose my needs upon society - I only ask for the respect others get for the same behavior and to give my the liberty rightly mine. The liberty to pursue MY happiness.

And I am strongly opposed to the Leftist attempts to suborn trans rights into their Marxist wet dreams.

@tracycoyle Then we're all good. I guess I've lost the thread by now, but as long as you don't try to impose anything, I'll be right there with you to support you and help you out to find the person with a true pure heart, and an engaging mind. We don't need the approval of the world if you have an emotional support system that is there for you. I just want trans and non-trans to be aware of their own pros and faults so they become immune to words, and then we can talk freely, because free speech is the most important thing. Truth is the ultimate solution for all of our current problems. And huge, astronomical dicks of course.

@tracycoyle And I'll just be honest with you. Im.... just... too bitter and jaded to look for more than a huge dick. Beautiful people.... they're just out of date by now.... They don't exist anymore ... Only attractive cowards who aren't willing to put any effort into integration, let alone integrity or principles.... So I guess I settle for huge dick. I like those... Better than nothing, and need to satisfy my physical need for skin-to-skin contact anyway... So... I hope you have more luck than I did.

A female robot in disguise

solopro Level 6 June 18, 2020

Honestly the one thats most funnily true is blueheared activist attending protests (but obviously that doesn't say anything about the person underneath).

I only know one transwoman personally. From my limited experience it's just a man who decides for whatever reason that he doesn't want to be a man any more. I'm guessing there are many underlying reasons.

from my experience it depends a lot on age and "what stage they're at mentally" to how they appear. Like if they are younger and transitioned/are transitioning younger they tend to be less guyish but especially if they come out post puberty or as adults they can seem (especially at first) like just guys who are terribly unhappy with that fact.

But even some older trans women do come off as ?feminine? ?authentic?... whatever word is best. For anyone it seems to take time and acclimitisation.

But in a different way for many you've hit the nail on the head and to me thats fine. If they a person doesn't want to be a guy any more then whatthefuckever.

In the case of the MtF, and for me personally, it was never about 'not wanting to be a guy anymore'. It was more, I am tired of pretending to BE a guy, and frankly I suck at it. I sought congruency - to be myself.

Some below just explained that nut that lived with the Kardashians who was an Olympic star. He could not stand being out of the spotlight and the KArs in it. So, become a woman to get attention.

Michelle Obama

DAN_STL Level 7 June 17, 2020

A man attempting to escape the responsibilities and obligations of being a man.

To take on the (apparent) responsibilities, obligations and inferior status as a woman? I met those obligations prior to transition - because I had the strength of will and character to do what was not natural to me in order to conform to (your?) society's demands. I sought congruency for ME. To do what was natural for me.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 211

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top