slug.com slug.com
37 8

Is society moving back to segregation?

Google recently announced that they are going to highlight black-owned businesses in search results so that people can shop according to race (see [creativebloq.com] ). As popularized by the controversial 2018 film, "Green Book", marking black-owned businesses hearkens back to the Jim Crow south where segregation of business patronization was normal and enforced. Do you see moves like Google's as a trend towards re-segregation or just trendy? Could intersectionality scores be used instead to target businesses to visit or boycott?

Marking businesses as black-owned will...

• 23 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 16 votes
  • 11 votes
Admin 8 Aug 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is great. Now whites can boycott black businesses as a form of protest.

Great idea! Now it will be easier know which business are black - owned so that I can stop patronizing them. THANKS, Google.

Separation not segregation.

Different territorial nations.

I think it will highlight black owned businesses but they will have to further parse the results because many of them are owned/managed by #walkaway blacks.

Right, and they, according to the "woke," are not really black. After all, they are not voting for Biden, right?

The following may be useful information concerning the topic of racial identity politics (not race, not racial identity, but racial identity politics):

Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Independence

"he has waged cruel war against human nature itself, violating it's most sacred rights of life & liberty in the persons of a distant people who never offended him, captivating & carrying them into slavery in another hemisphere, or to incur miserable death in their transportation thither. this piratical warfare, the opprobrium of infidel powers, is the warfare of the CHRISTIAN king of Great Britain. determined to keep open a market where MEN should be bought & sold, he has prostituted his negative for suppressing every legislative attempt to prohibit or to restrain this execrable commerce: and that this assemblage of horrors might want no fact of distinguished die, he is now exciting those very people to rise in arms among us, and to purchase that liberty of which he has deprived them, & murdering the people upon whom he also obtruded them; thus paying off former crimes committed against the liberties of one people, with crimes which he urges them to commit against the lives of another."

That has to do with the use of group think to control the minds and actions (hearts and minds) of people so as to divide them, and conquer them, in nearly plain English.

Not on topic?

How about this:

"To emancipate all slaves born after passing the act. The bill reported by the revisors does not itself contain this proposition; but an amendment containing it was prepared, to be offered to the legislature whenever the bill should be taken up, and further directing, that they should continue with their parents to a certain age, then be brought up, at the public expence, to tillage, arts or sciences, according to their geniusses, till the females should be eighteen, and the males twenty-one years of age, when they should be colonized to such place as the circumstances of the time should render most proper, sending them out with arms, implements of houshold and of the handicraft arts, feeds, pairs of the useful domestic animals, &c. to declare them a free and independant people, and extend to them our alliance and protection, till they shall have acquired strength; and to send vessels at the same time to other parts of the world for an equal number of white inhabitants; to induce whom to migrate hither, proper encouragements were to be proposed. It will probably be asked, Why not retain and incorporate the blacks into the state, and thus save the expence of supplying, by importation of white settlers, the vacancies they will leave? Deep rooted prejudices entertained by the whites; ten thousand recollections, by the blacks, of the injuries they have sustained; new provocations; the real distinctions which nature has made; and many other circumstances, will divide us into parties, and produce convulsions which will probably never end but in the extermination of the one or the other race."
Notes on the State of Virginia
by Thomas Jefferson, 1781

Specifically this:

"Deep rooted prejudices entertained by the whites; ten thousand recollections, by the blacks, of the injuries they have sustained; new provocations; the real distinctions which nature has made; and many other circumstances, will divide us into parties..."

How about a sound bite, if there are too many words:

"...will divide us into parties..."

Lynching parties?

Shopping parties?

There is a difference.

This post could maybe use a "summing up" paragraph. Otherwise there are many who will miss the point of it. Just my two cents worth here. Take it or leave it.

@curvycom

It has been known for some time now (millennium) that deception is required to maintain crime under the authority of (fake) law.

A clue that clues the victims in on the con game is when the criminals with badges order the digging of graves, the jumping in of graves, and the order to keep digging until the subject finds salvation.

Does that sum it up?

@Josf-Kelley I thought so.

@curvycom

"That the question was not whether, by a declaration of independence, we should make ourselves what we are not; but whether we should declare a fact which already exists:
That, as to the people or Parliament of England, we had always been independent of them, their restraints on our trade deriving efficacy from our acquiescence only, and not from any rights they possessed of imposing them; and that, so far, our connection had been federal only, and was now dissolved by the commencement of hostilities:
That, as to the king, we had been bound to him by allegiance, but that this bond was now dissolved by his assent to the late act of Parliament, by which he declares us out of his protection, and by his levying war on us a fact which had long ago proved us out of his protection, it being a certain position in law, that allegiance and protection are reciprocal, the one ceasing when the other is withdrawn:" First Congress United States of America (back when it was a federation of independent states) 1776.

Further expressions of the same principles:

Bonding Code:
"9.2 - Escalation
Further:
A law enforcement officer will lose his bond if he oppresses a citizen to the point of civil rebellion when that citizen attempts to obtain redress of grievances (U.S. constitutional 1st so-called amendment).
When a state, by and through its officials and agents, deprives a citizen of all of his remedies by the due process of law and deprives the citizen of the equal protection of the law, the state commits an act of mixed war against the citizen, and, by its behavior, the state declares war on the citizen. The citizen has the right to recognize this act by the publication of a solemn recognition of mixed war. This writing has the same force as the Declaration of Independence. It invokes the citizen's U.S. constitutional 9th and 10th so-called amend guarantees of the right to create an effective remedy where otherwise none exists."

THE COMMERCIAL LIEN RIGHT AND THE MILITARY LIEN RIGHT
"In American history, the Declaration of Independence served the legal purpose of making a Solemn Recognition of Mixed War, which is a Notice of Military Lien Right, a warning of No Trespass, an assertion that any killing or taking of human life necessary for the protection of the legal remedies of the common citizen is being done, in the immediate situation described in the Solemn Recognition or Notice, not as murder, but as lethal self-defense of the commercial and social remedy against the cited domestic enemy or enemies. The Declaration of Independence is the legal model or format for the construction of the Solemn Recognition of Mixed War and the Notice of Military Lien Right."

If the slaves are so completely brian-washed (now called Stockholm Syndrome) as to be at each other's throats enforcing the order to dig the hole to hell side-by-side in the same deep living grave, then the few (and fewer) still aware of the same basic principles of morality (it is not good to lie, cheat, steal, rob, rape, torture, murder, and mass murder your way to the top of the heap in a self-made hell) are seen as abnormal, aberrations, like a disease of some mysterious origin, a viral infection that must be wiped out immediately if not sooner.

Do little either way. Why is Google as well as social media treating things as if there aren't destroyed communities from the riots out there?

I don't think the majority of buisness owners, both Black and White, view their businesses have been burned down for a good cause. I don't think either are in a hurry to support Black owned buisness that haven't been destroyed. I think seeing this on Google would only further the frustrations they have with BLM.

Additionally, I don't think White buisness owners whose property has been destroyed will find it fair that this time is being used to bolster Black buisness owners over them just because of the color of their skin.

I think what would actually turn my opinion around is if I saw BLM going into these communities and using the funds they've raised to rebuild these businesses. Both Black and White. The most I've seen is BLM using the plywood, that's been thrown up to cover the smashed up windows, for their art projects. That's not helping.

There is a lot to unpack here, firstly how man buyers v boycotters? One systematic error on the left is the assumption that "they have the numbers", this is rarely the case as the trope go woke and go broke bares an element of Truth.

I find the term segregation not useful here as its not legally enforced, labeled, stigmatised and weponised could all be more acurate depending on ones perception.

Remember that 'cultural apropriation' is in effect trying to enforce white culture on white people, so this is all nothing new.

My contention is that the far left and right are both at root collectivists so inevitably will come to the same conclusions as neither has as a starting point the individual.

one thing I'm grateful to slug.com for helping me to understand is WHY white supremacists and separatists, etc. are collectivist. If you talk to the non-fake/troll ones they will explain it clearly. I do not agree with them, but they draw a distinction between Dialectical Materialism and other forms of Collectivism. I believe this is mental gymnastics and mostly wrong headed. But to those non-troll varieties, we can agree to disagree.

Yes, I agree with your contention that Collectivism of the Left or the Right is counter to our american heritage, and to Western Civilization in general.

Everything done to divide will cause division

Almost every public policy that was suppose to compensate for discrimination has failed. The people who support programs like head start and affirmative action are well aware that they have mostly been failures, Obama being a prime example. The fact that a not terribly bright populist like Trump has been more successful at helping minorities threatens their sense of elitism and the justification for their power. Of course they are going to double down on failed policies, if they don't they will lose their seat at the public policy table to more populists.

It would appear, according to the progressive left, that segregation is necessary for whatever pc reason they have. Now we have this race based issue by Google.I have heard of college campuses that have established black recreation rooms and have heard of calls for segregated dorms. Really people???

If left to the more radical black groups and their white supporters they would create even more separate areas just for People of Color. As if having their own colleges, a black tv channel, and to having black beauty pageants weren't enough, just how far would they take it? Black only public schools, separate areas on buses, partitioned areas in restaurants, etc? Kept on growing would we end up with separate drinking fountains and other 50's black only segregation, only this time encouraged by a black movement.

Sarcasm aside, this is certainly just a passing phase, something future generations will mock this era with.

My other question is: who runs the blog where this article originated from - www.creativebloq.com ? How are they affiliated with IDW? It is fine if they are, of course.

How does one go about getting a topic of interest such as this one featured by Admin ? I have not seen enough of these to know whether or not you are already doing that.

To say it another way, how can I promote some of my own articles on this site and get them in front of more eyeballs?

RAZE Level 7 Aug 4, 2020

You can start your own group. Gives you more control

Dr Bryce Watkins has been championing for a reestablishment of a black Wallstreet for some time now. Go for it. Social unrest is always eased when we target groups in the media.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 158

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top