slug.com slug.com
63 14

Do you consider this website to be "far right"?

As many here may know, slug.com was originally idw.community and started out as a fan site for members of the "Intellectual Dark Web". A recent academic paper now classifies content from members of the IDW as "far right" - the most "right" category of content.

We find that political news content accounts for a relatively small fraction (11%) of consumption on YouTube, and is dominated by mainstream and largely centrist sources. However, we also find evidence for a small but growing “echo chamber” of far-right content consumption. Users in this community show higher engagement and greater “stickiness” than users who consume any other category of content.

Why do you think there is a push to categorize IDW type content as "far right"? Do you consider this an accurate designation? I used to think "far right" meant skin head, neo-Nazi, and KKK members... where do they fit in now?

Do you consider this website to be "far right"?

• 10 votes
  • 123 votes
  • 12 votes
Admin 8 Dec 11
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

63 comments (51 - 63)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's your own fault. You failed to call out Marxism on the left, allowing Newspeak to define the political landscape, now you're classed as Far Right.
I think most are aware why that word is "hidden/not used". However until there is a unified will to call it out there will be nothing but confusion and failure in the West.

Yep. Unfortunately, in most liberal democracies, people who refer to hard leftists as “Marxist” are often viewed as crackpots. On the other hand, there is often respect extended to leftists who call anyone right of centre a “fascist”.

I see more right of center posts than left of center. The real problem is refusing to consider the validity of ideas from the opposite side. I consider myself liberal but have learned valuable lessons from conservatives allowing me to see the unworkable political positions of both left and right. Although I don't always agree with them I acknowledge the value of what I have learned from Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson.

Pand0ro Level 7 Dec 12, 2020

What do you mean by Liberal ? If you are an American the term is meaningless to the rest of us.

You're a Marxist anti-free market anti-western totalitarianistic supporters of street violence by the Black Blocks or Antifa !
Or
You're a centrist middle of the road "government yes needed but not too much" , tolerant both politically and culturally "as long as you harm no one and it doesn't frighten the horses" type.

Which are you ?

@LesMahagow In the first you are focusing on the relatively few perpetrators and believers in violence. They can be found in about the same percentage on both the far left and the far right. Any ism is f****d. We as individuals or as a species are neither smart enough or wise enough to formulate a system that will not collapse under the complexity of the unforseen factors it encounters. There are aspects of isms that can work at times and it is in our best interests to experiment in a limited scope to see what works and what does not. I must be a horse because I am frightened with what is happening in society today.

Not far right, just center and right of center. I think the suggestion that most here are far right is coming from a leftist perspective. I believe what most on this site have in mind is stability, incremental - not wholesale - change. They respect the constitution and traditional values, and just don't buy all the anti-establishment views put forward by the left progressivists. Further, they are exasperated with all of the propaganda pushed by the left owned media with their attendant lies and obfuscation of the truth, and they do not want to "Build Back Better", the "Great Reset", nor the "New World Order".

skaarda Level 7 Dec 12, 2020

Depends on which side of center you are standing.

[slug.com]

[en.wikipedia.org]

VDARE is an American website focusing on opposition to immigration to the United States and is associated with white supremacy,[1][2][3] white nationalism,[4][5][6] and the alt-right.[7][8][9] Anti-Immigration in the United States: A Historical Encyclopedia describes VDARE as "one of the most prolific anti-immigration media outlets in the United States" and states that it is "broadly concerned with race issues in the United States".[10] Established in 1999, the website's editor is Peter Brimelow, who once stated that "whites built American culture" and that "it is at risk from non-whites who would seek to change it".[10]

bastion Level 7 Dec 12, 2020

Sounds like an ethnonationalist group...

[vdare.com]

@Naomi well yes, and that's far right isn't it?

@bastion Yes, indeed. Still, I wouldn't say this site is far right as a whole, would you?

there's loads of far right stuff on here btw.

[slug.com]

i mean this is out and out anti-semitic conspiracy theory.

bastion Level 7 Dec 12, 2020

As one stands still, The Crazy gets more and more Crazy.

In the last ten years the left have become extreme. They have used their control of academia and big tech to silence conservative views. The actual racist, anti-semitic right are few and far between. Most of us are happy to support black, gay and Jewish people who share our views. It's about values, not identity. Something the modern left refuses to accept.

In all fairness, the paper's authors were only reading my posts.

Seriously, you'd have to be the cream of the cuck to think IDW is far-right. If someone called me far-right, I'd understand, but most of the people on IDW are just generally right. I'll bet they haven't even read #MeinKampf. I think the goal post has to be there at least.

It's just an effort on the Left's part to marginalize that which they disagree with. Sure, there's some Q-kooks and COVID conspirators, but when I think far-right, I think you've at least gotta be sympathetic to the #ThirdReich and most of the people here are just conventional cons, with a few Lefties. You've at least gotta think about secession every now and then to be right-wing.

I dunno where the skin heads, neo-Nazis, and KKK fits in now, but they should be at these prof's office's showing them what real right-wingers look like.

@TheMiddleWay, experience shows that the labels "right wing" and "far right" are actually meaningless. In this political climate, a classical liberal who espouses individual liberty and opportunity for all is considered "far right." There are only two political thoughts, authoritarian and "far right." So in that definition Slug is a far right site because here people are allowed to speak their minds no matter how foolish or profound their thoughts may be, and no one will ban them or try to "unperson" them. Slug is one of the few bastions of open discourse left on the internet.

Plenty of Trumpoid racists and anti-semitic conspiracy theorists on this site, wouldnt credit any of them being able to tell their actual left from right never mind political or historical awareness, regressive bonehead knuckledraggers mostly.

N0DD Level 7 Dec 13, 2020

Idiot Americans call the "Marxist Left" Liberals and the Democratic Centre and Centre Right allow that.
I'm a F-#@ing Liberal. Not them ! Call them out.
On this site the term "Lawmaker" is used ! It's a Newspeak term being used to disassociate making laws from Political Representation ! The term is Politician .... in the democratic west ... use it.
Mao Pol Pot and Gengis Khan .... all "Lawmakers" ... get a crip

Get a crip? No, they bad. I'll get a grip. Sorry couldn't help myself. LOL

IDW is, in itself, not far right by any means, but there I have seen quite a number of anti-Jewish posts here. So just like the USA is not a racist country, but there are racists among us, so too IDW itself is not far right, but there are probably more than a few of that ilk that post here.

ask for examples and litigate....

FTR I would call it boomer centre right with splatterings of everything else.

"Boomer centre right". There's some truth in that. Lol

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 193

Photos 127 More

Posted by Admin Does teaching "white guilt" also cultivate a "white pride" backlash?

Posted by Admin Is it time to take a knee on the Superbowl?

Posted by Admin Why not equality right now?

Posted by Admin How's Biden doing?

Posted by Admin How many good friends do you have from other political tribes?

Posted by Admin What did Trump do, if anything, to incite violence?

Posted by Admin Is free speech dead?

Posted by Admin Under what time and circumstance is the use of violence warranted?

Posted by Admin Now what?

Posted by Admin What do you expect to be achieved by this week's pro-Trump DC rally?

Posted by Admin What did you learn in 2020?

Posted by Admin Should pedophiles be allowed to have "child" sex robots?

Posted by Admin Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?

Posted by Admin Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?

• Top tags#video #media #racist #world #biden #truth #government #liberal #racism #democrats #conservatives #society #politics #community #youtube #justice #IDW #hope #friends #videos #Identity #FreeSpeech #Google #book #policy #vote #Police #conservative #evidence #culture #violence #reason #economic #USA #liberals #tech #Socialmedia #money #god #guns #gender #whites #campaign #population #laws #religion #TheTruth #equality #democrat #Christian ...

Members 9,848Top