slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (651 - 675)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just started yesterday, but other than a well developed app, which I'm sure is on its way, if I'm not just missing it in Google play, is all of say so far

Less memes please or at least attempt to limit them to a certain group. I was expecting this site to be more discussion and noticed a lot of memes and funny stuff in "serious" dicussion. I am all for the funnies, however, there are other sites for this and would like to see this site as a representation of exploring difficult ideas. That is at least what I would expect the "founders" of the IDW to want from us.

Good point. We'll see how to keep memes more in the groups and "Silly & Random" category. Note, you can remove "Silly & Random" from the main page by adjusting settings (see image).

More information on Jordan Peterson's endeavor to make online college curriculum available to all at a non-confiscatory rate. Huge fortunes have been lost by the confiscatory policies of the federal government and higher learning institutions that have been levied on parents and youngsters.

Is there an app from IPhones for this?

Will there be a general feed / advertisement system? im afriad that if theres not enough money for proffessional, mature moderation through a regular income then this site could be targeted to trolling of the worst sort

We'll make sure posts are sufficiently moderated. Thanks for the feedback!

I found out this was here from a youtube ad. Most interested. Also, nothing showed up when I typed "idw" or 'idw community" into Google. Just in case you were unawares

Type idw.community in a web search, that should bring you to the main page.

Good catch... Will investigate.

Out of Curiousity, this IDW page, does Sam, Jordan, Joe, Ben, or either of the Weinstiens use this? Or is this a place to discuss what they speak about?

Yes, one of the top 5 IDW members is a member here under a pseudonym and is giving feedback as we just launched (quietly) 3 days ago. For now, this site is mostly to help coordinate the movement and help spread the message. We are working on a "Patreon" like funding system which is to be live in early March. Our goal now is to get members in the database for when we launch. Thanks!

@Admin Bet I know what pseudonym you referred to, but won't mention it here though.

@SpikeTalon That’s right. It’s me. I’m Ben Shapiro

@ClassicalKev98 okthisisepic

Will you be silencing the alt right on your platform?

We will work on a statement on what hard limits this site should have soon - and get feedback from members about it. The Alt-Right's most controversial opinions center around race and racism so we need to first define racism clearly. The general thought is that describing racial group differences is ok it is done in the same sense as describing differences between "Surfer Culture" and "Biker Culture" and "Rap Culture" (no, not "rape culture" ). We will draw a hard line on advocating dehumanization anyone for any reason. Thoughts?

@Admin Sounds like a solid plan. Free speech should reign supreme so long as no one is harassing or degrading fellow members, but then again the block function could come in handy in such situations. As with most social media sites there will predictably be some who join just to troll or scam, but I know you'll deal with them if and when they show up.

I would be interested to know if there is any formal association between this forum and the IDW proper. If it were the case there is a formal association I would like to make sure there is opportunity for group members to create local “real world” meetings for the purpose of sharing ideas and having discourse with one another in a fraternal nature. Such a forum is not available to me at present and I would appreciate the opportunity to have one.

Also a clearer “jump page” would be useful. I see there is a philosophy page in the tags of some posts but can’t seem to find where it is in the overall structure of the site. Which makes me think I’m missing other such pages.

Good comments. I'll try to make the links more clear. We're currently a fan site but we have some growing connections with major players in the movement. One of our goals is to facilitate real world events. We're in build and growth mode now.

Hire me 🙂

Sure, you're hired! Double my salary... of $0. 🙂

As someone who has worked as a journalist and broadcaster for over 20 yrs, I'd like to know of others who have found themselves self-censoring in this new puritanical age

Ive changed lots of words from what would be slang or urban and Ive digressed to childlike terms like Toolbar
Since we all want to be treated like babies might as well talk like them

Good question... how about posting it as question?

It will be nice if you can post this as a question. I bet lots of people have things to say. I'm not even white male but find myself censor my words all the time especially at work. We don't even say white Christmas these days, it's called snowy Christmas!! Obviously, white is sinful color and can only be associated with words like guilt, fragility, privilege, etc...

Never. I express myself however I want.

Just found your site. Glad you're here...

Why is the site unsecured I get a notification pop-up every time I visit it

• The site certificate is expired and needs to be renewed.
  • Also the site is not indexed on Google, this has been the case for a long time. Maybe you can fix this so people can do a Google search and find this site

Just want to let you know that so far no email has arrived in any of the categories, inbox, promotional or social.

I'm a Scot, living in London and have been really worried by all the attacks on free speech and the way women are being talked about. I just followed a link on Ariella's YouTube video and thought it looked interesting and maybe a place we can talk freely about the stuff that concerns me.

IDW, where are you?

Things would improve much more if letters/inquiries to "Contact" were actually answered. In attempting to "sign up" people last week, I needed help with two questions. Both were submitted to "Contact" and both were promptly ignored.
That is horrible service and one which is driving members (me for example) and potential members away from IDW.
Is that the kind of face you want to put forth?
Dale

Welcome. I am new here and from Canada as well. I spent almost 22 years as an educator and have found it almost impossible to do my job without extreme scrutiny or the influence of outside agendas that have little to do with teaching/ learning. It might be interesting to have a form for teachers/ educators/ parents etc. to share their thoughts and experiences.

ALL questions and concerns need to be addressed with a relevant answer/response. Otherwise, it appears that IDW doesn't really care about it members. If that's the case, then the platform will cease to be a viable alternative to the "big guys".

Posts need to have a "Share" option, not only for this site but also to other sites. A "Sad" icon might also be useful.

Hi,
Have any work contact me.....

Hi, Im new here..

I’m not getting the confirmation link. Thank you.

I like ethical hacking

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.