slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (751 - 775)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Heyo! Brand spanking new to this platform. First thing I noticed was the list of categories had just about everything EXCEPT one dedicated to Art and such. It's cute to lump that into whatever else is there, but I feel a category for the Arts would be something I would be totally down for. A very broad topic, though all the better to devote an entire discussion topic category for, I do believe.

"I have found little that is good about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical dcotrine or to none at all" Sigmund Freud.
As the western democratic states slide into totalitarianism under the auspice of the NWO, I am depressed under the apparant vacuum left by narcissitic self righteous zombie morons paving the way for the global elite to drain the masses of their freedoms and identity. The US elections are but a cartoon of the global decline being suffered by all western sovereignties in the shadows of corporate and technocratis oligarchs.

Is am new to the site , but so far so good

I'd like a way to turn this bright background, to a dark themed background. Any chance of that?

I am an engineer by profession . I see a lot of degradation of social values happening with new twisted meaning given to normal words used in my childhood that was not considered to be offensive and is now treated as racist / racism . I am a proud Indian Hindu.

Admin, I am just trying to find my way around here. Thanks for your welcome. I am English. I read Alternet for a year, before I once posted there in 2005. I like your blog. I am in no position to know how to improve this new site. I only registered a few hours ago. I particularly liked the video the Canadian Kid did at The HQ of the voting machine company. Is it O.K., if I post it on blogs in England. I had to give up Facebook. because everyone thought I was Mad, when I tried to tell them the truth using Ofiicial COVID Figures from The UK Government. This is not a Pandemic. Less people are dying of COVID this year, than they normally Die of The Flu nearly every year, as provided by Official UK Government Statistics. This is Something Else, far more Dangerous.
Tony

What is the details option and how do you access it?

Hi. I am a believer in GOD THE FATHER OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST. I was not always a believer. I believe in the LIVING WORD OF GOD. I believe in LAW AND ORDER. I am a LPN in MISSOURI. I do Home Health Care with vent Pediatric patients. I would like to see NURSING AND BELIEVERS IN JESUS CHRIST MORE INVOLVED WIth Politics.

Amen. 🙏

Is it my accents? My name doesn't seem to stick: Gölök Z Buday

I'm not at all media savvy, no Twitter (to fast) and very little Facebook (no warnings about false postings), just learned about YouTube last month, so anything you can do to keep it uncomplicated is all I need. But then I've only started this account because it was promoted by Jaclyn Glenn and I like her fashion, beliefs and politics.

Is there an App for this site? or atleast an icon you can just press to open. if it is not in front of you, then people will forget they have it.

Found another glitch.
Alphabetically sorted tags end at #DoubleLayers. 😀

Just arrived, hoping to have some stimulating conversation somewhere I feel comfortable being myself and not having to walk on eggshells. Fingers crossed and best of luck going forward in this new voyage!

One of the concerns I have with posting is the spell-check mechanism used. Marking a word as being misspelled is useful but could be made even more so by:
-offering alternatives
-allowing a word to be added to the dictionary
-vastly increasing the word entries in your dictionary
FWIW,
Dale

If you forget your password and try to log in with a code it doesn't work. I had to rejoin

will check - thanks!

@Admin Is it possible to stay permanently logged in?

Suggestion - I saw this video posted on the site. It is so good I think you should include it with the tutorial on the help page.

The video is -How dogma pollutes discourse and is on Youtube and is posted in a Group on SLUG.

Do you have the link?

@Admin

https:// www.youtube.com/ watch?v=o6-Htscvf4k (I have included spaces in the URL so you can see theURL)

They have some other videos but I have not had chance to check them out yet.

I have created a Magazine / Blog. How do I post/Direct my link?

See [slug.com]

Let's suppose the story has an ending.Hes just a man. Right. The same ceiling we share floor of Heaven or not.Its Us in the middle.Friends, Family and neighbors(samaritan). Everyone Elsa can... Really Our air, Our water, Our food, Our health tainted for greed and we for it.What would you call it.Freedom......Just a little rant thx.

Most everything worked fine for me so far; one exception:
Sorting comments, like those under your post, by most liked seems not to wai.
(Not sorted by # of likes.)

fixed 🙂

I'd like to see the honest, civil disagreement I miss so much in real life. I used to be on the left myself and my mind was gradually changed by stimulating conversation with a few people who were patient and thoughtful enough not to write off different points of view. (I still wouldn't call myself conservative but certainly liberal in the classical sense, or libertarian in the modern one.) I try actively not to get into any echo chamber and I hope this platform won't become just another one.

Provide a means to allow the originators to veiw comments on their posts sorted out by each original post and the commenbts related to it.

When you follow someones group you are interested most in their posts. perhaps highlight them with a star or color or something

I cannot say as I just arrived at a suggestion from Daisy Cousins. I need to ramble around soom & see what is what.

API endpoint for developers

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.