slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (1051 - 1075)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm interested in how to get some one signed up for a cheritable donation .

Just send me a private message with the details.

Btw those old men emoticons bring back memories and its fun.

Regarding text formatting, is there a place to see how to accuratly do it ? On PC theres are a few buttons but not mobile and i have seen people use bullet points. Is there more ? Quote function, spoiler function and such.
I accidentally deleted my comment regarding saving comments/post because i thought the star was it, but it isnt what i thought it was. Being able to go to my save would be nice

We recently updated the text input to make it simper and removed some buttons. You can do the formatting tags manually. See [slug.com] on how to set it up.

Ahoy mateys! Completely new to IDW. thx 4 the invite!

Q - It's not clear how we launch groups. Anything i'm missing? How's it done?
Merci ...... JR.

Yep, members who are level 4+ can initiate a group.

It seems that the "Posts from My Groups" page (/groups/mygroupposts) doesn't work, or at least doesn't display posts from my groups like the "Posts from All Groups" page (/groups/posts). Currently, it just shows all the groups I could join instead of posts from my groups.
For your design consideration, viewing posts from the groups I joined was the first thing I wanted to do after making my profile and joining groups, so giving that section more space on the home page may make sense.
There is also a potential security vulnerability I messaged the admin account about.

Yes, thanks for your message. We fixed the 'My Group Posts' links on mobile and checked for the issue you mentioned and every was and is still fine.

So i finally was able to visit the site on a browser as opposed to the app. So is there an easier way to view the the pictures in a group as opposed on clicking on each one? like a way to browse through them? a pop-up with arrows or something that allows you to click through the images in the group instead of having to click on each one individually to go into the posts for that group. also is there a plan for private groups? Groups that are not accessible unless you are part of the group?

Yes, on mobile... we just updated the groups to make all of this easier. Yes, private groups are in the road map.

I will let you know. but I just joined and do not have any idea of this site runs or works.

You can check out the Tutorial under the "Learn" button. Welcome!

Still new at the navigation, is there a search function for a specific person or group? I would also like to also suggest Mark Passio, his videos and podcasts, :what on earth is happening, subjects like natural law, the non-aggression principle, hegalian dialectic, and the deep state occult and the general morality of society are spot on, and very informative.

Yes, we have a search field but we'll add a normal search field at the top soon!

How about a search feature and a back button?

We have a search feature for all the different content and members (see a magnifying glass icon?). On iPhone, you can go back with "swipe right". We are working on a floating back button as well but have not yet put it live.

I would vote for the back button. It's disconcerting to have to continually re-find the spot I left off to follow up on a post. Yes, I can always open the post in another tab, but it would be a lot easier to simply have a 'back' button that would re-locate me at the proper spot. This is probably a bigger deal than I'm making it sound. In other words, I would assign it a higher priority to resolve if you were asking my opinion.

Navigation is a little confusing - maybe some way one can personalize their feed. Not a fan of some of the stuff I see but that’s okay.

Thanks! You can do some personalization of the feed... click the "gear" icon. I'm thinking about how to combine the "my groups" feed and the general feed.

The font size of Posts feels too big. Clunky. The layout feels pinched and too 'busy'. It is not very attractive to me. But having said that, of course I appreciate that you have made this great effort to support freedom of thought, and to enable interaction between people. Thank you!

I love the feedback! We've focused on basic functionality first and design second. We are bringing on board full-time design people now to help improve the look. The main page is the most busy and we are thinking on ways to streamline it. Are you on desktop or mobile/app?

IMO, the font size (at least on the desktop browser) is perfect! My 56 yo eyes don't see as well as they used to! 😉

Sorry. I did look fairly carefully and had concluded that this group was intended for thinkers of all stripes. From the comments and admin responses below, I now realise that as a self-avowed leftie, I am almost certainy in the wromg place. I must have missed some kind of signpost. I am from the UK so not familiar with many of the names associated with the fan groups - which might have helped to warn me in advance. Perhaps you could make it clearer that the starting point for the IDW is right wing? I do applaud the creation of a reflective, intellectually robust right wing movement. An actual left wing movement in the States and Canada, and then an IDW equivalent for that movement would mean a platform for real change. I sincerely hope that thinker in the IDW will recognise that there is nothing at all left wing, and certainly nothing democratic about the Democrats - nor about the policital systems in the Americas or Europe. while those of the fake left continue to pretend to represent it, and are allowed to do so by the media and the public, those of us whose values and socio-economic preferences are based far more on the gospels than on Das Kapital are effectively extinguished as a presence in the debate. Meanwhile, please unsubscribe me! I wish you well.

This is for people of all stripes. Just because other ideas are allowdd doesn't mean that your's are disallowed. I.m a dedicated free thinker. I am disallwed often times on Facebook. Disagreement is not hate. Welcome.

Hi Sara! We really do want Left-leaning members to join and contribute. I realize that you might feel a bit out numbered here but your voice, especially if it's as reasoned as your comment here, is very important to the conversation. Please consider staying and please feel free to message me directly. I respond well to feedback. Thanks!

Sara, free speach is for all, left, right and centre

I am new here so cannot speak for others, but speaking for myself I hope you will stay. I think the alleged point and goal of this site is to gather free-thinking, respectful people in one place so they can get together to listen to each other and reflect on potentially different world views.That's what needs to happen somewhere on this screwed-up planet. I think maybe it's simply that the so-called "right-wingers" / "alt-right" or what have you, have simply gotten here a little ahead of you. From what I've seen and read so far, the place seems to be open to anyone with a brain and some ability to use it.

I, whether directly or via one of my 'alter egos' have been regularly booted from other sites for having opinions and values that seem to run counter to the present-day norm. Meaning that I enjoy talking to people and listening to what they have to say, and thinking through EACH ISSUE for myself instead of kow-towing to some sanctimoniously proscribed socio-political objectives.

I thought i had joined. Wrote a detailed question and can't retrieve it using scroll. User unfriendly.

Can you tell me more? "retrieve it"? Meaning you can't find the post now?

I believe The Museum Of Communist Terror needs to be recognised in an age where conformity has become a fusion of Fascist & Totalitarian idéologies that are indistinguishable in their aim to force people to submit both within a religious & political setting. Any form of extremism & contributes to Mental Health problems & victim cultures make it easier to control a population & inculcate irrational fears & phobias

Yes, these are very important issues!

How do I add it to my homescreen?

If you're looking for the app, we have one listed for iPhone and Android. Links are on main page.

I do not receive the confirmation email. Will this affect whether the person who referred me gets points or not?

It should not. Please check your spam folder too.

Just joined. I have tried to access "terms of use" but the link on sign up page did not work.
Do you have any "terms"?

Yes, at [slug.com]

I was wondering if we could have a fund for Dr.Bill Warner. thank you

Perhaps Sam Harris will want to put his proceeds to Dr. Warner. We picked groups to have funds for now based on their sizes.

@Admin Yes Thank you..as he is not getting any younger (80). I would like to see him receive the support our community has to offer. I thank you for your response Admin 🙂

Implement downvoting, but keep comments ordered by upvote count, and make visible both counts. For comments which have the same upvote count, order by downvote count (from high to low).

And as I just tried searching for "downvot" using ctrl+F could you implement a search function for comments on a post?

We've a "dislike" option but it's rarely used. We've search for posts and comments (look for magnifying glass)

With the Alert emails, is it possible for the links in the email to go directly to the actual item instead of all of them going to the My Alerts page?

If I've already cleared the alert and then see the alert email, I click the link in the email and am like, WTH? Just a minor annoyance thing... 😉

Hmmm... it was going there before. I'll put it on the list to check.

Google Play store is telling me my device isn't compatible with the app I have a hipstreet Phoenix tablet, I'd like to have the app. I guess for the time being I'll plug in through the message in my email

Hmmm... sorry.

I was unable to like a post

Yes, there's a bug... will try to get it fixed soon.

The email link has not sent me a link to confirm. Have tried several times, different days.

We've about 1% of members reporting this which could mean 5% total. Have you checked your email spam folder?

Is there any way to create a mediator bot for civil debates? Like type your arguement, then basically have to wait your turn until your opponent can make their rebuttals, and vice versa? Just to maintain the flow and ensure both sides can make their fair arguments and rebuttals? Not a computer guy so not sure

That's an interesting idea. The current site is basically that but you make a post and the world jumps on it.

Well first I think it would help to give users a clear picture of what this platform is for. Is it just for discussion, or are their plans to change this to a movement in support of the IDW key speakers?

Check out [slug.com] for more info

For some reason the activation link isn’t coming to my icloud.com email

I'll check tomorrow for you. Mind checking your spam folder too?

@Admin same here. Even tried resending it and nothing. Checked junk folder. Not in there either.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.