slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (1151 - 1175)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You should recruit Nail Ferguson as a contributor. I see his wife is listed so I wonder why he has not.

Level 4 members can create fan groups.

The system isn't sending a link to my email address.

Is there an app with this format?

The Android app is approved and we're doing testing on notifications / alerts to it now. You should be able to download it now from the Google Play store... just be aware that the alerts might not work for another day or two. Hence our not promoting it much yet.

Our iPhone app was rejected by Apple and we're fighting with them as to why. WIll keep you posted.

@Admin Thanks... I’m an Apple user across the board pretty much. Anything we can do to help?

@Admin Didn't the Drudge Report app get deleted by Apple?

Is there an "index" or "search" feature to find specific topics?

How about adding 'top hashtags' to the lists on the left?

Good idea! We're still working on improving the tags (should be live in the next few days). Once that's there, we can use tags more on the main page (if on desktop).

Just got here. Not sure what's what yet.

Be careful not to become what you oppose...

Wise caveat 🙂

Okay now I’ve looked on some of the comments in this site think it may not be for me. Will monitor and decide later.

You can send me a private message on my profile page - please let me know more about your thoughts as we're just starting out and will improve our oversight on comments/etc. Thanks!

@Admin what does “improve oversight on comments” even mean. I thought more than anything this would be a free speech platform. Don’t we have the ability to block obnoxious people. Some people suck. Some ideas suck. Let’s hear them and then tell them they suck.

Do you have a app for smartphones? I have go through email get back IDW. How can I make it easier get here?

We just got our app approved for Android but are testing it live now. Login/etc uses but we're double checking the push notifications now. iPhone app is being held up by Apple 😟

Not sure how to prevent trolls - wish you could Lee them out somehow.

Our community is inherently anti-troll and with levels, it makes it easier to find them.

I’m sure you’ve already thought of this, but it could be very useful to incorporate multiple choice questionaires on the website, the way okcupid does, for the purpose of identifying demographics and commonalities amongst members.

All posts can include a poll where you can have either a single or multiple choice answers. Look for "Make Poll" buttons.

Thank you for starting the sight. I hope it is a place to have an open dialogue about substantial matters of life, family, politics, morality and economics.
I would suggest mantaining a dynamic board of staffers that have proven themselves to be true thinker and a balance of agreeable and non-agreeable type personalities as well as nurturing and income providers.
A thought that might improve the interactions would be to give options for an “Agree” and “Disagree” button. I have not had a chance to examine this site much yet but anything that helps with searching subject matters and maybe an option to look at the most talked about subjects for the day, week, and month would be beneficial.
Thank you

We have about 10 options of "like" include a "dislike/grrr" one. We hope to use these to identify members who we'd like to promote. Look for the "Trending" button to see what topics are most active this week. See, your wishes come true!

@Admin I did see the options but they are open to interpretation. For example, a angry face could mean someone is angry at a comment someone made, or angry becaue they agree with them but the subject matter is upsetting. Having the Agree or disagree opinions are more to the point. Optiononal buttons that are more targeted to opions instead of emotions. Like, doesn’t sound correct, not convincing, need more information, so on

When I first visited the site, I was asked to refer members.
Thomas Sowell
Nasim Taleb
Jonathan Goldberg
Camille Paglia
Mark Steyn
Scott Adams
Rodney Stark

Interesting list! Feel free to post some of their videos etc that you think are more relevant to the community. 🙂

Are you working on an app?

Yes, both of our apps are currently the review process by Google and Apple. Once they are live, we'll email everyone.

How do I download photos

To upload photos, click on your user icon on the main page or in the top navigation bar (of this website). You'll see a page to upload a photo. Downloading photos... that's another story.

You are going to, over time, accumulate a whole bunch of Digital Nomads. You need to make it a 'location' option.

Hmmm. Tell me more about "location" option. For fun, try [slug.com] to see a map of where people say they are at.

Just got here, the content is great. Looking forward to have proper conversations with real intellectuals.

The yellow windows everywhere are a bit annoying and it seems as though all the content is squished in the middle. I think this is purposeful for it to be mobile friendly, but a wider desktop-friendly version would be more convenient.

Yellow windows? Can you describe it more? Are you one mobile, tablet, desktop?

@Admin Looks like its just telling me to set my profile up. No big deal, I just didnt like that color of yellow. Theyre all gone now.

Is there an App on the way??

Yes, this week (later)

Hey. I entered my email incorrectly.
When I try to fix it, it says “Whoops! We can’t find a member with that email address “

Resolved?

It needs a mobile app.
Would Apple Store or Samsung's Play store allow it?

Coming this week...

Love this idea! Thank you for putting it together.

2 suggestions:

1. An app would be nice.

2. When you write a post and label its category, I noticed the word "philosophy" is misspelled on the drop down menu.

Looking great from here so far but only been here 2 minutes...

Thanks! We have tons of posts daily.

I just joined so am still navigating, but is made into an App where I can add to my homescreen? Or will I have to bookmark the homepage?

App should be released soon.

I hate the ratings/points systems. It feels very middle school.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.