slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (251 - 275)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The combinatiob of Levels and your lousy search capability makes it impossuble for grand new members to reconnect with their friends migrating from facebook

I received an answer from Slug and ended up on another site so who or what is slug? Is it connected to IDW? I am really confused or maybe just really thick! I couldn't get back to admin who responded to me so had to find an old email to get back here. Help!

Send me a direct message at @admin and let me know how the domain switched from slug to IDW. The websites are the same but just have different names... we have shifted to slug.com from IDW.community

How do I find the Polls? The first place I go to look for something are the 4 headings above Post, Browse, Groups, Learn so could Polls be added under Browse?

When you browse posts, one of the sort methods is "Polls" ... see [slug.com] We try to avoid too many options in the main navigation.

I would like to see an edit button on these posts here. I just posted a question and want to amend it. I meant to say have Topic as a separate heading under "Browse".

Members can edit their posts for a few hours ... we do this to have date/time integrity. BTW, are you on mobile or computer?

Under the "Browse" heading, as a new member, I would like to see topics such as whatever the current news is that day. I didn't know where I was supposed to start. All the posts and topics seem to be lumped together from all over the world. I would also like to see groups or topics geographically e.g. UK topics etc.,

Everybody wants to get away from corrupt Twitter. I hope you guys succeed.

Thanks!

I don't see anything to do with sports?

You can tag your posts with sports topics.

Hi, I tried to use my own name as a 'username' but it says it's taken. However when I tried to search for the profile under that name, it comes up with no results. Can I find out how to get my name if it's not being used? Many thanks!

Sure - send me a direct message and I'll check what happened and fix if possible.

I don’t see a way to search for a friend that recently joined.

You can search by username from the "browse members" page (see search button)

Hi Admin,

Is there a way to cross publish a comment on gab, slug and minds?

Would be very appreciated, thanks.

I don't know if they have an API to do that... we could do it on our end BUT only in groups that one moderates. Will think about it.

@Admin Thanks for the answer.
I know gab has the API for it, i don't know for Minds.

@Admin Hey let me work something up you can use python go or js which do you prefer ?

@utube3805 @admin here

I am a widely-published poet. (You can Google "Joel Fry poetry.) And I cannot tell you how disappointing it is that poetry has been completely destroyed by communists and rabid censors. I'm hoping others will stand with me. We need culture. Peace.

You might like the poem (secret) tag... just put [ poem ]You're a poet? I didn't know it.[ / poem] ... but without spaces.

You're a poet?
I didn't know it.

We must have Free Speech. plain and simple. I remember being a late teen and working 2 years with slightly older Jimmy was saying to me "I think I'm getting the boot" right enough boss walked over "Can I have a word with you??" Jimmy replied "Just tell me here" boss replied "Well were thinking of letting you go we don't know." Jimmy replies "Look Pal, are you sacking me or not ??" Boss Nods. "I hate people who pussy around the fn bush, cut the fn BS " Straight talking truth, Honesty. Things just stay with you all your days

Didn't Trump just say "You're fired!"? Wish he was a better communicator.

Android app would be welcomed by me

I think we published it last week or two... I'll double check that it's there.

Don't let todays solution become tomorrows problem.
ALL speech MUST be protected.

Is there a desktop icon for this site

Yes, there should be ... the fist icon (or do you see an A)?

This is just a technical issue but when signing up the list of UK regions is incomplete. For instance Northumberland and Tyne and Wear are absent. The list also contains cities and towns that are not regions such as Swindon and Sutton. I also noticed that the list of regions for Thailand does not include Bangkok which is both a city and a province.
I know this is a nitpick but it could confuse or irritate people and stop them signing up.

Is "Newcastle upon Tyne" the same as Tyne? It's been a while since I dug into the database of locations. Yeah, it's a pain to get these all right. I'll check later.

Just please don’t be a reddit clone where upvotes and rep matter so much that people specifically make posts to rake in the upvotes and rep.

So far, few have done this but... I'm thinking of limiting the number of new posts per day.

How to share link to get more people on here?

check [slug.com]

Every user name i tried was "already taken". Literally as soon as I start typing it says, "this user name is already taken". I know better. Please fix this.

Hmmm. Were you registering using phone or desktop. You can do one username change in the settings.

I decided to join slug because I'm tired of Facebook jail. I made an obvious joke and was reported for "hate speech". So, I'm over it.

Yeah and you know what's really sad about that? It was probably one of your "friends" or possibly even a family member who reported you. I've been there. I shared beautiful old black and white photos of nude people on beaches. Art. My aunt reported me for being obscene and didn't even have the nerve to admit that she did it.

Hopefully it was a funny joke.

We need to be able to search by member name and not just username.

You wish is my command... you can now do that on the "Browse Members" page.

Great content. It is not always easy to navigate

Agreed, which pages do you find harder? When you struggle to "get to something", what is the "something" that you're thinking about?

Is it possible to have a news topic area where say a daily or weekly news item can be commented and/or discussed on? One of the reasons I went looking for a free speech area is because I kept getting censored on mainstream sites and I was never offensive. Sometimes even the highest rated comments on the BBC would be removed. I just don't think there is anywhere for the majority to have their voices heàrd, except the ballot box which is why Boris, Trump, The Brexit Party and others in europe won elections and still they won't allow those opinions. I am a little confused by this website. Could you add maybe some colours to the different areas so we know we are in different areas?

We rely on the rule of civility to help us keep all such comments live. So far, the members here have been overall civil. Great idea about using colors to let you know when you're in groups, forums, etc. Are you using a cell phone or computer?

I find it difficult to tell where I actually am on the site

If we put a "Home" icon in the upper/left corner of the pages, would that help? When you struggle to "get to something", what is the "something" that you're thinking about?

How VIABLE, useful are we? How can we IMPACT what most of us here see happening?
Venting(expressing?) makes us pitiful, a big laugh. Yet this intelligent community does not join thugs.
This is a conundrum to me.
One thing, we MUST act in tandem, no single heroes riding off never to be seen again.
Another, we need actual lawyers for when stuff happens.
Lawyers sharing our passion.
Glad to help.
Thanks for asking.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.