slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (526 - 550)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How about a page that encourages debate on specific controversial subject matter? Could the format be changed from the Post and Comment format to a Debate Question above and Pro, Con, and Alt columns where each Argument (or non-argument in the Alt column) is moved to the top of the list based upon votes. I don't trust voting, but some method of raising to the top the best (adaptation, improvement) would help to judge the relative quality of the answers to the questions proposed.

Example
Is voting in Electoral Politics Democratic?
Pro: It is the only way - Con: It is unfortunately the only way - Alt: One of the first Democracies are on record against Electoral Politics because Electoral Politics lead to Oligarchy

Good idea. For now, just post a question with a pro or con leaving.

Totally agree as the MSM says we are a democracy when we are actually a representative republic.

@Admin I posted an example question. I posted not only a pro, but also a con, and also a Free Market Adaptive Alternative to Divided and Conquer (the default). Now you suggest that I do that again? My response is: Where? Where do you want me to "For now, just post a question with a pro or con leaving." ? Also, what it is meant with the word choice "leaving" in the above quote from Admin? Where am I leaving to or from?

@cisco22 Unfortunately the word republic has also been counterfeited from the original meaning. A republic is one if it is The Public Thing (res-publica), but if it (the government) is for special interests, such as an oligarchy, or corporatocracy, or any segment, division, majority, minority, other than the Public (the whole people as one), then it (the government) is not a republic. Representation in the original respublica (in America before 1789) was ensured through common law trial by jury. That fact is confirmed in the records. The Public Thing (republic) was turned into the Special Interest Thing in 1789.

....just joined, please allow a month or so of reading content !

Let me know if there are people in my region in this group. Always interested in local geographical issues...
Thanks.

Check the member search page.

Do you have an app? I confess I haven’t looked for it. But if you do, maybe advertise it better on other social media.

At first glance, this site seems awfully big. Not particularly intimate. A little unwieldy ...

A good logo?

Yes we’ve an app. Thanks for the feedback.

Community Guidelines "Please note that we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason"

Refine this point or get rid of it. Its to vague and open to abuse by your mods, who i will remind you are just fallible humans. you either want a Free speech platform or you don't. you can't have both.

I get the need to protect against lawsuits but I do tend to agree. I’d like to see a platform where users are instructed to block material they object to. A kind of market-based control of the narrative. Maybe make blocking available per post instead of per person, so users can block within conversations just for that conversation, as well as forever. Monitors should still be employed, of course, not as censors but as agents to identify criminal activity and then report it to police. While it may be a bit simplistic and legally undoable, my view is that either it is criminal or it is free speech.

Valid point. We do show deleted posts for level 7+ members to keep us transparent.

Not sure yet because of being a new member, but thank you

Place a next item option after each comment. That will enable quickly moving to the next post without going through all comments.

I think there is a next at the top and bottom. I’ll check. Thanks!

Brand new here just learning to navigate it.

I'm new here, and just opening the site is too cluttered. First impression is that the entire feed is one big, long story. The separation between topics needs to be more pronounced.

Agreed. We’re simplifying it soon.

I seen Dr. Peterson here in Phx . Az. and I hold that as special as seeing Led Zepplin's last concert in germany

For some reason pictures are not uploading except for the primary picture. I'm using a cell phone as I have not a computer at this time.

Will check. Could have been a temporary issue.

When I'm looking at a thread I can't find a back button to go back to the list of posts or threads.

We have the situation in South Africa, where minorities are persecuted by the Marxist ANC regime, with 115 race based laws, including the affirmative actions and the Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment, excluding White people and the Khoisan people from able to get jobs or to open up businesses, as well as trying to close down Afrikaans speaking Schools, not allowing charity organizations to help White South Africans or Khoisan, but only Blacks. Yet the Left are silence on it. In America the Leftists are trying to silence Conservatives here too. Will be good if we can shed light also on what is going on in South Africa, and also the uncontrolled migration of none-Westerners into Europe

It's awful that nearly 30 years after the end of Apartheid, the script has been flipped. It's obvious that the ability to forgive past sins in South Africa by its black population is even more impossible there than here, given the black majority in power - far worse, for now, than in America, given white people will remain in the majority since because Latinos aren't actually a race, most marry white people, hence why the white population is still nearly 79%.

We're dealing with a hostile left-wing black nationalist push that wishes to tax us for 'slavery reparations'. In that sense, they will likely not succeed any time soon, until of course the time comes again when the Democrats take both the White House and Congress. And the next time that happens, America may finally meet its destruction, given the open plans by the Democrats to completely open up the southern border with Mexico.

Looking for a brexit page? Can anyone point me in right direction please?

Did I see that an app is available?

Yes both app stores.

How do I log in to this site if I leave it? Download the app?

The mobile app is helpful.

This isn’t a suggestion or critique, only I haven’t received a confirmation email although I have asked to have one resent 3 times. Not sure what the problem is. Email address is correct. Not in my junk folder.

The Moderator of the economics forum is called Leninsghost. You have someone identifying as a communist in charge of a market economics group on a free speech website.
This is like having a neo-nazi moderate a race relations forum.
This in the very least is very bad PR, worse in my experiance people like that don't understand the topic and continually fuck up. Now I don't want to be to hard on the guy but modding a more suitable group may be his forte? Maybe how to feed hosepipes from the exaust into the back of the van while taking people to the Gulags?

Seriously though, debating extremists is fine but do you want them running stuff?

Yes. Very true. Didnt check out Admin but very uncomfortable with a Communist being involved.

Firstly, that guy isn't very active on here anymore. Second, screen names can be quite deceiving. During my time on here I've had quite a few decent conversations with LeninsGhost, and while I didn't always agree with him he never struck me as a communist. Actually get to know someone first before you judge them based on an online pseudonym.

@nessrobbo Online pseudonyms can be deceiving... did you even bother to make contact with LeninsGhost before passing judgment on him? He never struck me as a communist.

@SpikeTalon Lenins ghost does not leave much to the imagination and you are right i haven't spoken to him but bare in mind a few things.
1 there is a theory that most organisations go from right or centre to left as they get run by those sort of agents and a lot of people are ignorant of how it corrupts.

2 Far left has a history of infiltrating groups to take them over.

1. I thought posting openly would avoid any sneakiness, running to a mod for example, I should of tagged him with hindsight.

@leninsghost

@CookieMonster Based on my past convos with him, I think he's pretty conservative. You are right about the infiltration part, and this site has already had its share of far leftists.

Will BC join in with Wexit?

Putting dates on posts would be a start.

There is so much chaos and conflict in the world today. This is a direct result of the UN globalists trying to force the New World Order communism on the entire world. The most prosperous and peaceful countries are ones whose laws and constitutions are based in Judeo Christian values. Yet these values and our democratic processes are being purposefully weaponized and used against us to force massive taxation/theft of wealth for ‘redistribution’, open borders, to import criminality and allow doctrines that practice misogyny, child abuse, human trafficking and other very evil things. We need to stop identity politics, victim groups, political correctness, in all its forms. Because Trudeau, Notley, Singh and May are UN globalists seeking to end fossil fuel use in 10 years, Canada is now on the verge of separation by the west, specifically Alberta and Saskatchewan.
I support this and would like to see discussions on the American Constitution and Amendments. If we’re going to leave, we must have much stronger foundational laws and a constitution based on those laws. In particular I’d like to see discussions on the Electoral College which corrects elections and prevents the kind of power imbalance Canada now has. As well, the ‘natural born citizen’ law that prevents anyone not born on American soil from a paternal lineage of at least 2 consecutive generations. We could use some intelligent discussions and understandings of these kinds of things if we plan to avoid making the same mistakes that got us where we are today. Indeed, I believe this may well be the last chance we get to get this done. Observing our young people today, they are quite uneducated, unmotivated and too entitled as they buy the lies of cultural Marxism being pushed on them in colleges and universities everywhere. Thanks for your consideration.

Well I thought the same thing until recently. There is a video on YouTube that is almost 3 hours long and wow. Start researching Jesuits. If you search YouTube you can hopefully still find the extremely detailed documentary. It appears that the pope is behind it all. It sounds crazy. Watch the documentary and get back to me.

@drptree hello...I’ll see if I can find that video. Not surprised at all about Jesuits, the Vatican and such.
I’ve become aware over the last 18 months of an evil cabal headed by some 13 families that has running the entire world for centuries. I’m new to this platform but excited to be here. I have great respect for Jordan Peterson and many of his colleagues who put this together. Hoping it can stay open, respectful and free.

So far so good! I would like it to be an anti-facebook group. I'm so paranoid about posting online and would like to think that data isn't being collected to use against us.

I don't think my Shares on facebook or other places are being properly recorded.

They are not being shared correctly and it amounts to censorship.

@drptree Why do you say that?

A section of advice for defending your human rights.

I believe in personal integrity, accountability and individual responsibility.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.