slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (1001 - 1025)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

After 20 years on the internet, i finally got my own, unmodified name.

First mover advantage!

Great resource. A safe place. Let keep it that way.

Thank you for including me in a group that seems to Want to apply Reason as a catalyst for discussion.

Add one of these:

[w3.org]

Ha, yah! Totally forgot that... will put it up tomorrow. Thanks! 🙂

Just a little humor to start things off but in the profile section you ask if I am a beer or wine drinker. How about a whiskey drinker like myself? Just curious

Cheers!

So far so good!

We are concerned that our children and grandchildren will be forced to live in a rigid society that no longer allows free discussion. We live in a very Left leaning county in NY State. One that prides itself on "diversity" - but I would not dare wear a MAGA hat in Ithaca! I would love to know how to talk to SJW's and other narrow ideologues so that we could start a meaningful communication about our different beliefs.

SJW idealogue types of this generation are very hard to engage with meaningfully - sadly, they are emotionally zealous with their positions...

@Jwishbone Yes, they are. I am surrounded. I have had some success with them by using emotional responses instead of rational arguments, but that is difficult! I don't think that way normally. For example when discussing an abortion and the pro-death advocate says that she did not want to be a parent so she had an abortion. My response, "You are now the parent of a dead child". But that still doesn't do much more than piss em off. There has to be a way to get through. I just have not found it.

It would be better for color blind ppl to be able to change to the colors that they are able to see better

I first learned about color blindness when I had page where some things were highlighted with red or green and a custom service employee couldn't see a difference. We are currently working on 8 difference color schemes for the site. Are there specific pages that are problematic or colors you see better?

@Admin i would suggest light blue and black lettering

Disable all emojis. No IDW adherents should want to use them anyway.

We've not seen much used here yet but can re-evaluate it later. Some people like their expressiveness.

@Admin It's your site, but I'd argue that there isn't much 'expressive' about emojis.

Thumbs up or down is enough.

Have a great day.

The left wing and the right wing belong to the same bird. Please allow dialogue and free speech to take us closer to the truth!

I mocked up this graphic up to suggest what you're saying about left/right extremist being the same. Good we're on the same page!

So far things seem very easy to navigate and the functionality of the site is appealing. For example the answers to my questions are saved automatically. Verification emails were sent instantaneously. I don't have the creator'a vision for this platform in mind so I can't attest to how well this platform is performing in that context. However, I would love to be available to help improve this platform in any way I can. Feel free to contact any time.

Thanks for the feedback! Feel free to send me a private message (from my profile page) any suggestions or simply make a post in the "Site" category!

Looking for truth no propaganda

Just heard about this site. When did it start and does it censor members?

We started about 12 days ago and just ramping up promotions and outreach. We have guidelines for civility (see [slug.com] for details) which so far almost everyone is abiding. Thanks for asking 🙂

Thank you for this forum. I am a native from Washington, D.C. My parents immigrated from Sicily about 1936. I went to a Catholic elementary school. In 1955 we moved to Maryland. In 1960 I attended public school. I graduated in 1966. My fight for freedom and liberty began in the early a.m. President Trump won the election. He is the first President in my lifetime I have wanted to fight with. Again, thank you. I am tired of arguing with idiots.

Thank you for this forum. I look forward to investigating the site.
A bit about my political thinking: I was raised by very conservative parents. One was a republican and one a Democrat. Today neither parent would touch either party with a ten foot pole. Today running for office looks like running for student council, the more ridiculous your campaign promise the greater it’s appeal. The education system seems intent on producing unprepared citizens who give their self governance the importance of a game show or sporting event.
Socially I’m fairly liberal but I see a huge difference between being at home and being in public.

You might like a book "Prius or Pickup?" which discusses how personal things have become politically as people identify more with issues. An opposing viewpoint is now taken personally.

As 99% of PC screens are the wide format, you could tile posts to fit rather than have wasted bands down either side, ths allowing current subject matter to be readily viewed, so we can easily so what's going on.

We could widen the post width but at some point it would be harder to read. Will keep an eye on it. Do you have a big screen? Thanks!

@Admin Nothing special 24". The fastest way to develop a good interface, apart from good algorithms, is to copy what your competitors are doing. They've done all the hard work, and tweaking over the years, so nick it. But I do like what I'm seeing overall, I'm navigating easily, intuitively. Colour, used sparingly can assist in the eyes feeding the brain correctly, tracking to the right points. Keep up the great work.

I was hoping to follow on facebook.

Great to be part of a thinking and positive community!

From what I see there are few improvements needed. I particularly like the survey. My only complaint is that there is no "Paul Vander Klay Fans" group but I can wait.

You're welcome to create groups once hit level 4!

I love the visual aspects and graphics of FB. Maybe bring in an artist to help with that to make it more visual?

Agree with you that this site could use a bit more polish. It's a labor of love so it probably has a more hand-crafted feel than corporate. One day at a time 🙂

Anything you could do in terms of streamlining and making more obvious Navigation would be useful.
I would suggest that “groups” (Recent Group Activity) window come up below the general postings (Recent Member Activity) window.
Most people looking for a Group already know what to look for.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I'll start by making a toggle to hide it ... putting on my list! Thanks!

Idea's should flow or swim like fish in the the sea, you catch a fish you don't like you can always throw it back no dams necessary.

Perhaps think about setting up categories for topic posts; Abortion, Economics, Foreign Policy, Immigration, Taxation, Terrorism, etc. That way people can more easily find discussions that interest them the most.

We've tags for posts and will be making it more obvious soon - thanks for the feedback!

I can't see my friends posts. He's here, but I cannot see his posts

[slug.com]

@Ben042 How about send me a private message from my profile page. Let me know which posts you're looking for and I can help. My guess is that it's just a timing thing for new members.

An app would be nice!

We've an Android app that's live and a minor bug fix version should be live in a few hours. The iPhone app is almost done and we're just fighting with Apple to get it approved.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.