slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (1126 - 1150)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Add a Color Scheme option to have Black background

We also need a Community Senate group on here owned by Admin, with SiteSupport as a moderator (maybe some others - much like over at Agnostic/Humanists).

It's in development... a week or so.

@Admin You are the best thing since sliced bread!

Thrilled to join the movement and excited to explore and learn. I’ll take some time to explore before commenting or suggesting.

Hey. I entered my email incorrectly.
When I try to fix it, it says “Whoops! We can’t find a member with that email address “

Resolved?

It needs a mobile app.
Would Apple Store or Samsung's Play store allow it?

Coming this week...

Hope this sight can achieve diversity of opinions, with cordial discourse. God knows we don’t need anymore circle jerks. Where my lefty’s at holla at yo boy.

Your profile picture is beautiful!

Just started yesterday, but other than a well developed app, which I'm sure is on its way, if I'm not just missing it in Google play, is all of say so far

Loving the positivity of the site! And honest discourse. After checking out several sites and being quite disillusioned with the nonsense, negativity... just general intolerance of discussion and varying ideas. This is quite refreshing! Thanks so much for what you do!

I appreciate a place where we can gather in discussion without the concern of being Shadowbanned. Thank you.

Yeah, if you're banned, you'll know it 😉 We do have limits on the far left and far right but encourage arguments from anywhere that are based in thought, truth, and sincerity.

Hate to say that you should probably look to the big 3 and cherry pick. They are successful for a reason. FB is addictive because your page is steady stream of stimuli...it is very interactive and user friendly. Twitter is much more intellectual...but who can communicate in 160 letters or less?...Oh scratch the "big 3" part...Instagram is just memes for the short attention span theater crowd. Haven't been on long enough to be have a full opinion. But the scrolling of fb with the banter of twitter...without getting banned would be sweet

Good feedback. Yep, we're trying to keep it "hand crafted" feel and not just be an addiction. We're on day 8 or so.

@Admin Please keep up the good work. I like the layout and feel of FB. It's on going campaign to silence Conservative and Christian voices, and anyone to the right of Nansi Pelosi that I don't like... and how invasive they are of your privacy. I think Freeken1 has hit the nail on the head in his last sentence; "But the scrolling of fb with the banter of twitter...without getting banned would be sweet".

I am mostly interested in Conservative ideas both economically and socially.I am becoming alarmed by what the Progressives are trying to achieve.

Conservative, but I follow left closely. They have made their agenda known. I follow to discover their methods of manipulation.

What conservative ideas? what progressive agenda? if we want to be intellectual we ought to be able to point to some specifics right?

conservative ideas like... Repealing the ACA and Tax cuts? The need to install a more stable government in South American countries?

Leftist Ideas like... SJW's Universal Healthcare Doxing White nationalists?

@rw69 They weaponize government agencies like education etc...

What specifically about what progressive are trying to achieve that alarms you? I'm seeing a bunch of vague language on this site...

@lokiHapp Yeah, we’re all bring doxed by the healthcare digital systems,, unfortunately. Can’t put that rabbit back into the hat, but there must be better ways. It’s not only government using and manipulating using our data.

I just joined so now looking around.

Glad you decided to join.

@SpikeTalon Thanks for letting me know about it. Not having a lot of time right now, so I guess it will be a slow start.

I think this place should be treated as a mental dojo if you will, under the principles of a good idea doesn't need to be defended it defends itself. Meaning, that all content, ideas, comments, should be brought forth knowing they will be picked about and critiqued.

Connect with local like-minded conservative, classical liberal, libertarian, independent humanists that believe in The Enlightenment pursuit of the Logos.
Specifically like-minded poisonous individualists that want to join other alumni in pressuring their Alma Mater Presidents into casting out this Anti-Judeo-Christian-Google-Intersectional-Marxist apostasy that’s jumped from University campuses into HR departments.
May God guide my Christian hand against this Global Potpourri!
END THE GLOBALIST CONSPIRACY (left and right).

Source:

The Diversity Delusion. - Heather Mac Donald

Love the Logos...know the Logos.

Just signed up. Looking forward to getting involved and learning from others.

This is awesome! Not sure how you found me, but give me a chance to check all of this out and I will definitely give some feedback.

Less memes please or at least attempt to limit them to a certain group. I was expecting this site to be more discussion and noticed a lot of memes and funny stuff in "serious" dicussion. I am all for the funnies, however, there are other sites for this and would like to see this site as a representation of exploring difficult ideas. That is at least what I would expect the "founders" of the IDW to want from us.

Good point. We'll see how to keep memes more in the groups and "Silly & Random" category. Note, you can remove "Silly & Random" from the main page by adjusting settings (see image).

Before I can give accurate thoughts on the how you should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW, I should maybe find some ideals of the IDW.
I’ve watched some members and am curious at this point. I am also very busy here in Canada trying to stay alive as we fell prey to ideological idiots, similar to the young democrats in the US. Don’t let them run the country. Seriously. Organized crime will control them and the majority of the population will loose.
Thank you for you effort to build this site.

Thanks! yeah, we will work ASAP on educational material.

A fellow Canadian!! Good to read your comment

I'm Canadian as well!!! Our country is such a question mark right now. Pretty bed when we have US dollars left over from a trip amd can't dexide if we should return it to the bank or hold onto it until our summer vacation.

Excited to see an alternative platform! I've only been on the site for 15 minutes or so. I think it needs to be simplified a bit more or uncluttered.

Thanks for the feedback! Are their pages or features that you think we should focus on simplifying? Are you using desktop or mobile version?

I’ve been following the growth and the inroads theIDW is helping to make in our understanding of LIFE. I’ve been fortunate enough to have had several talks with Brett Weinstein. TheIDW Is a forum for common sense discussions. Not the yelling and overtalk of traditional media. Please let people know about this opportunity to make life better for many.

I know the site is new but if my phone emojis could work that would be awesome... It keeps putting question marks and it would be so much better if it didn’t 🙂

Hmmm... we do support phone emojis. Will check later on it.

@Admin android or iphone? because my iphone emojis are coming up as question marks, thanks for the quick reply ?

@Admin ooo that one worked ?

@Admin ok, I don’t know why they weren’t working before but awesome, sorry to bother ya ????

Love this idea! Thank you for putting it together.

2 suggestions:

1. An app would be nice.

2. When you write a post and label its category, I noticed the word "philosophy" is misspelled on the drop down menu.

More information on Jordan Peterson's endeavor to make online college curriculum available to all at a non-confiscatory rate. Huge fortunes have been lost by the confiscatory policies of the federal government and higher learning institutions that have been levied on parents and youngsters.

Happy to be a part of a movement that will not bend the knee to oppressive ideology. It worries me that there is a group actively targeting my liberty to be a free thinking individual. I will not stand for it.

I completely agree it can be lonely when you’re surrounded by leftists who have hijacked the government with all the movements and identity politics.

Wyes I like your post

@Huntclash this sounds divisive. There are plenty of left leaning thinking that are members of IDW. This issue exists regardless of political affiliation. Can we try and separate “left” and “right” from this issue? Polarization isn’t helpful.

@batya I agree with you. I lean left on most issues, but I detest identity politics (of the right and left) and value free speech. Left/right divisions are not helpful.

@Therealist Communism always looks to weaponize government agencies

@John_Churchill @batya
I think the 'oppressive ideology' in question is that of collectivism. You either recognize the individual as sovereign over the collective, which is the basis of free speech... not to mention Western Civilization; or you don't.
That's the divide in our culture: Collectivism (Left) vs Individualism (Right).
(that's how I see it anyway... everybody seems to mean something slightly different; which does nothing but add confusion.)
You can't be a collectivist on "most issues" but still support and defend the individual as sovereign.
They're sovereign all the time, or not at all.

Yes, the George Soros global country is behind most of the current upset in the world.

i am a proud deplorable. i don't fear anything the left is pushing for.. that line they keep pushing for will cause a reaction that will crush everything they are.. civility can not be forced. even the request from this site to be civil is a joke of a request that no leftist will equally engage in.. only the left thinks revolution is a bad thing when dealing with their ignorance.. most of us welcome it if they push it that far.. 100 million gun owners won't submit like the Germans did to Hitler.. fools think that is possible. people who justify killing babies under free choice to murder is mentally deranged to a fault.. why debate with these minds???

@Therealist How have the leftists hijacked the government? I'm assuming your talking about the American government, and if so, the Republicans are currently in power for the executive branch, the judicial branch (supreme court justices), and the senate. I don't particularly like the democratic party as an establishment, but they're also pretty right leaning when compared to their European counterparts

I'm getting too fucking old to bend. Besides, when you get down there, they are just gonna make you bend further anyway. I'll stop up here thankya kindly.

@sjwpigeon It's not just the government dude. It's all the media, platforms, even my dog is getting a bit full of herself and trying it on. Not to worry though. They are the minority. Between all men and all conservatives, that's gotta be close to 80% of the population. Plus, our side has got most of the guns.
We be like: You sure you want this?

@towerace123 since theres no right or left american your a sheople naz👁 who don't even know who your enemy is yet... you

Agree. I’ve been experiencing the impact actively targeting my ability to be free thinking or even to have any real autonomy in life. It’s repressive. Won’t stand by and just allow it to happen.

Looking great from here so far but only been here 2 minutes...

Thanks! We have tons of posts daily.

Android app please! 🙂

Should be released in a week or so.

@SpikeTalon and others clamoring for an app. If you use Brave as you android browser, you can add the site to your homescreen and Voila! Applike availability.

@Paisley_Pirate That works too...

@SpikeTalon already doing that. But can't wait for the app 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.