slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (726 - 750)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thank you for including me.

Videos of the speeches like from shapiro ,dsouza just to name a few

We are hoping to post daily in their groups.

I believe charging 5$ a month to members only to weed out trolls . Also I believe there a better way to communicate then the way this app is set up.

Even $1 would cut out spammers but I don't know about trolls. Yes, possibly. Happy to get your feedback as to where we should focus our design updates. Thanks!

The format of the site is great. There aren't too many distractions and it's easy to navigate. My only critique right now is with the app on iOS. I had typed up a post and accidentally swiped while trying to select text. In swiping, it sent me to the previous page and deleted the contents of my entire post. Perhaps the swipe-to-go-back function can be switched out for a back button.

Oh man, I can understand how it feels to lose a post - especially if done on mobile! We're thinking of auto-saving posts as "draft" as you type (e.g., every 1 minute save). I'll try to bump that. As far as back button, we're thinking of having it on the lower left on every page but we fear it will hide text.

What about a search tool?

I discovered the #. But since not all posts have # or a lot of them, maybe a search tool would be a nice addition.

@benoitdavid We've a search bar for both groups and posts. I'll try to make it more obvious (or just show it all the time).

@Admin Found it, thanks!

I was surprised by the uniformity in profiles of the represented groups!
I'd like to see more groups with views similar to Ben Shapiro, Larry Elder & Heartland Institute.

I love to see one of the top intellectuals of our time, Victor Davis Hanson to join our community. Any idea why is not he here?

You can start a group at level 4. Almost there 🙂

I knew about IDWbut did not know the app. Loving it so far, everyone seems to be civil. I would say mainly conservatives! I am not worried about the left a lot even though from time to time gets scarry.

Why are there no dates/times on posts?

@Janeybird I see dates on comments but nothing on posts. I think date and time are both necessary for posts and comments.

@Janeybird Yes, there are dates on comments. But no times. And no date or time on posts. I'm saying there should be dates and times on both posts and comments.

@Janeybird, @michell Yes, "time zones" are on our list and probably 5-10 days away. Well, any time zone is only a few hours away but getting them to work here will take longer.

Just discovered this site, what a blessing! Free speech at last! Is anyone interested in tracking the sources of the poisoning of the minds that we have been subjected to for decades? and the antidotes thereto? An example: Edward Said's "Orientalism", on reading lists in hundreds of Universities, spreading a concept that is now mainstreamed and dumbed-down to "you don't get to talk about [...] because you aren't [...]". Another example: Gyorgy Lukacs' stint as an Education Commissar in 1919 or so, in Hungary, where he launched sex education classes. I know for a fact kids in college actually read him. I'm hoping that knowing the roots of these ideas would help to beat the "motivated blindness" of the left, at some point.

I’d read any of GK Chesterton. He’s examined & predicted the dumbing down of the masses & the plan behind it.

I’m glad to be part of like minded conservatives in this far left loony liberal world . I will continue to fight for free speech and common sense that the world has lost to the insane inmates now running the sane asylum . Not for long !

Post more on Facebook. Many conservatives (by their very nature!) took a long time to get onto THAT medium years ago and are now, due to censorship, looking at an easy to use and easy to navigate alternative - yours offers that. I’ve only just stumbled across an ad tonight - so glad I did. Profile set up in minutes.

It's about time! We have to find a way to save the West... more importantly, the U.S. Constitution! This offers hope! I am not an optimistic person... time to start working to change that!

Hi there!

I work as a special educator in the states. It's an environment where if I were to speak openly about how I view the current political climate, I'd find myself alone. I've been looking around the community, and it's wonderful to see people who are exchanging ideas without fear.

I am grateful for this forum.

You're not alone. It's just the Left doing everything they can to make us feel isolated. It will not work. We are here. Welcome!

@Admin theres no right or left american... why are you pushing your commie ideas as an "admin"?

@Admin I’m not sure it’s the left on its own. Smacks too much of divide and control. Someone mentioned how the former minority government in South Africa may now be the model for those that commercially control the media (3 main companies) and are now effectively conglomerates for most products we purchase. Remember an enterprising political professor who had a paper arguing that the elites should rule because they had a common culture. Sounds a lot like what aristocracy has been traditionally. Looked up this professor because he was a jerk as a landlord. It’s the only thing I found on him because he was new at it. It reminds me of what’s coming clearer about the corporate strings on far too many things.

Someone needs to invite Milo Yiannapoulos.

Milo is appealing to all who hold true to the real concept of liberalism. He is a fellow traveler with many people who think of themselves as conservative because he is like a sharp stick in the eye of the PC SJW Fascist set. That being said I find Milo just too much to bear. His in your (his) face vulgar language is too much for me. He is flamboyant, verbally crass, over the top in every conceivable way. I do not watch his talks on you tube and I do not have any connection with him on Face book either. I won't follow him here either.

I want to see video links and be able to read transcripts (I read very fast, so waiting for slow videos is annoying).

We're rolling out video soon. Can record video already in profiles.

I think you guys need an “Agree or Disagree” option. I sometimes will agree with a post but may not necessarily like it

We've several "like" options. We could create some debate tools later.

I would love there to be a World Wide Yellow vest group on here! So public who feel like losts souls have a forum to chat and organize

Stumbled in here getting out and about , Cheers every one "An attack upon our ability to tell stories is not just censorship - it is a crime against our nature as human beings." - Salman Rushdie

I love it!
I'm considering just wearing a red hat to see what kind of reactions I get.

You are not entitled to a platform to voice your opinion. You are only entitled to be free of government persecution

OMFG Yes! I do not care that you have called it the Ministry of Love, that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. There is no such thing as a thought crime.

"red hats" have been measured as swastikas

Won’t red hats be seen as liberal in Canada?

We need more publicities, more people need to know this community so we can unite our voices and make some real political difference.

Agreed - have suggestions on how to contact people to help promote the site?

@Admin

1. More ads on differents websites
  2. A new system of referral, people who invite more friends get some new perks
  3. Do you have personal contact with members of the IDW? It would be really cool if they can mention us in their podcasts. It would boost our numbers for sure.

@shj648 Good points... YES... we are working now with one of the big 5. Hopefully, some news in the next couple of weeks.

This is a good start. I want to see a conservative silicon valley build up over the years. Can you put videos in here? I think we need to get completely off YouTube.

YES! We just launched the ability to upload show videos on your profile and will do similar with posts in the next week or two.

@Admin. May I also suggest this site should have a purpose beyond politics. It should be a fun place we can all visit and encourage people not interested in the idw to join.

@Westernsky11 , Politics is my favorite full-contact blood sport. But, grudgingly, I admit we can have other interests and hobbies, so I agree.

@Bjornli we need to replace the other social media platforms. Doing everything here makes that possible.

I keep tapping the upload button on the video section. Nothing happens.

Keep things civil, there are no bad questions and all answers should be considered and discussed.

Hi, I remember Dave Rubin and Jordan Peterson saying they were going to try and launch something.
I was pleasantly surprised to see it up and running.
One thing though.
I didn't like declaring myself to be a fan of anyone, whether I am interested in them or not, I am not a fan of anybody. Many of them are fascinating and I have been following them for ages, but that doesn't make me a fan necessarily. Just a semantics issue. I ended up clicking on many of the communities, but I was disturbed to have to declare myself a 'fan' to express interest in following the conversation. Maybe just me and my special needs. That said, thanks for getting this together.

I see lots of improvements are coming. For the time being, I am going to only inform people who already understand the IDW and the censorship issues with fb and twitter. I'll let more people know when the platform is a bit further along, so we don't lose people who find it bewildering in its current form.

Thanks for the feedback - we're working a bit daily to simplify the site. We started just building all sorts of features so it got out of hand. You'll see 2-3 changes per day ongoing...

Add a "Damned Straight!" option to the list of "likes". 😉

Then we'd need a "Right on" or "F-yeah" too 🙂

@Admin I'm down with that. Let people express their emotions! How they feel about things.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.