slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (276 - 300)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Replace youtube. reach out to people who regularly post youtube videos and offer them partner deals here

You're a genius! Yes, and we're starting that now... have several already. Message me with who you'd like us to partner?

Each site should have an access box to display use and intention to allow visitors to ascertain whether they wish to make a donation to a Just Cause! I would also include a advertisement of the general purpose of this Organization!

If it is true, then it should always be allowed.

I agree, but unfortunately the truth is not always reported, along with statistics. Why do you think the BBC in particular never hold polls? They know, along with other UK news channels, that the results would not be to their liking.

First off when i sined up you ask for my birth date you ONLY need the Year but i can't continue if i don't put in the day and month. That is not Necessary Ai Only Needs to know that I'm Over 21 ! I'm WAY OVER 21

Yeah, I think we should just have a "check here if you're over 18" or "at least this civil"?

Am from Kenya. Am just confused at the moment and am seeking answers. I've heard some debates from guys such as Ben Shapiro and comments from individuals such as Sydney Watson and Jackie Hill Perry as may regards issues/ideas on race. Basically am not sure on what to believe anymore. Each of the individuals I've been looking at each hold up different opinions on the matter. Am trying to avoid the path of placing blame on a particular race for certain problems. Thus am here to see how the conversation goes. Am also a Saint and I've seen my faith get criticized alot especially among the youth in my country. It may have something to do with the media. It may not. Am also looking for more insight on that.

Hi, I am sola scriptura so what it says is my way. I want my bias to be the Word, not people.
My family will believe similar, all else will vary: skin, hair, ability. Racism is beastial.
As I told some from Africa, the ONLY white man is a DEAD man. We get rid of BLACK and WHITE.
We have darker, lighter. So WHAT!! The bible is clear there's a FIGHT of FAITH. But our reaction to others is clearly defined in scripture.

Makes sense. I have no issue with people's skin color. The world just seems to be too messed up at the moment.

Okay, here's an idea; if I want to post something about myself, don't cancel it. You're not off to a real good start when people that want to introduce themselves to the platform, have those posts canceled because YOU think there is some information in that post that YOU don't agree with. I heard this was a site dedicated to NOT censoring people's postings.

Did I hear wrong?

Can you send me a direct message about what happened? We have a pretty high bar as to what things are not allowed (e.g., direct threats of violence, ad hominem, etc)

Here's the 1st thing that comes to mind. Make pages individual pages. It seems it's a me too tribal almost community. 2nd go by other social networks basics and start from there.
i have my doubts if this site will be effective.

Can you elaborate on "make pages individual pages"? Thanks! Send me a direct message too 🙂

@Admin Thank you. What i meant was the topics (posts) are central to the site. i think if it's more about the person posting content then that would possibly generate better interest to (for) the site.
Individualism trumps content imho. The groups will form of their own collective interest.
Kinda like FB but not so much group think. hth!

I'm trying to figure out how to only search up groups, but I can't do that it just turns to posts and I can't find the tags I'm looking for when I search them up. I feel you can add a filter results type of thing and improve the search feature

Thanks for the idea... now when you do any search we show both the matching posts and a link to the matching groups. 🙂

I thought I would like this site, but I don't. It's not laid out well and there are too many things sign up for. It's not fun at all. What is all this 'level' stuff, good lord!!! Is it a video game? Unsubscribe me. Bye

I agree that there is a lot of complexity in the current design... we keep trying to simplify it while keeping functionality for those who want it. Is there a specific feature/page you'd like us to focus on?

When i signet on I was disappointed that someone else has my name as their username already, so it would be great if I could use my actual full name as my user name like on facebook even if someone else has the same name....

We currently just have a field for "real name" but show usernames as they are unique. We are considering getting verified names "checkmarks".

Just found this site thanks to Sydney Watson. I never thought I would be joining a site because my cultural and political views are considered "wrong". I'm from America, and what I see is a bit concerning to me. I always was taught that the U.S. was a place where people were allowed to speak their mind, I mean it's the first in our Bill Of Rights, the inalienable and untouchable rights excluded from governmental control. I am concerned that this intolerance that has grown as of late, and seems to be growing in other places in the world, will lead to violence at some point. Either violence from those who still wish for the freedom of expression, or violence from those intolerant of those who wish for free expression. Joining this site, I kinda feel like I am sitting in a canoe headed down the river, and I've just seen the last sign warning me of the waterfall ahead. I sincerely hope I am wrong.

We are at a turning point on free speech with political demographic changes to enable one-party rule... with corresponding dangers of thought coercion.

Just joined, but my first comment is that the email confirmation email was caught by Outlook spam filter. I'm unsure if others will be, but some part of at least that email might need to be reformatted to reach new users.

Thanks for the heads up. We'll have to investigate this.

Have a category or fan group devoted to comic book/ pop culture discrimination prevalent today. Better known as the "comicsgate" movement on youtube. Big following with large numbers that would like a place to comment and interact without sjw censorship. Look up guys like Ethan Van Sciver or Richard Meyer on youtube (ComicArtistPro Secrets and Comics MATTER w/ Ya Boi Zack)

Once you're a level 4 member (e.g., make 20 or so comments), you can create the group and be it's moderator. Agree with you that comic books/video games are a battleground of "correct thought".

Brand New to the site! As time goes by I'm sure I'll find something to say!

cool 🙂

Any chance you can add spell check? Trust me...spell check!!

Roger that 🤓

Refreshing to find a platform where freedom of speech is actually allowed. No suggestions yet except keep up the good work.

Thanks - it's appreciated! 🙂

It is overly complicated and needs to be more contiguous. Checking another status should not stop the thread you are on completely.

We are always making design adjustments based on feedback/etc. What do you mean by "checking another status"? Another post? Notification?

Thank you! After i check out the site for a while i will be glad to do so.

I just got here. Came over from YT. I’m still trying to figure out what IDW is? movement ? I do not see a definition anywhere. I must have missed it.

Check out the "About us" page under the "Learn" button. We are transitioning away from the IDW group as it peaked last year and we are broadening the idea. It's all about being civil while discussing tough topics.

Hi! I’m new here, and the first thing I want to request is for a mobile application.

I want to commend you for making a website that is fairly easy to use on mobile (I’m using a mobile browser), but I do hope that an app is in the works for easier use.

That’s all I have to say. Have a good day!

Your wish is our command... slug.com app went live last week in both app stores. 🙂.

@Admin It has? I looked on the app store for it and it did not appear. Does it go by a different name?

Only after I become fully immersed in the site.

Would love it if there was a section just for You Tube banned videos

Make a group when you get to level 4.

We currently support video uploads up to 2 minutes so to keep this site more about conversation than video but we do plan to extend this once it takes off.

Hi admin just signed up. I can not load a profile photo. Can you advise me where to find your app to access pls. Chees

After log in, on the top of the main page, you'll see a "Photos" button. Interestingly, we were discussion last night on how to combine "Photo upload" and "Profile update" without using as much mobile space.

Cheers guys I wiil comment when I have been on here and used it a bit. I will certainly be informing friends to try it.

Free Speech less Communism Free Market Less Politics. No regulation.

Hear hear 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.