slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (476 - 500)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'll promote this community on Revolution Radio, www.freedomslips.com, where I have two radio shows, The "Revolution In The Morning Show", M-F 8-10 AM Eastern US and the newly branded "Trump Assassination Files", Tuesday night 8-10 PM. More than 70 hosts have shows on Revolution Radio and I'll gladly post your contact info if asked into the host chat on Skype.

Send me a private message

Just as long as we aren't taken over by, like so many other sites, the leftist goons we don't need to hear we'll be okay.

Have you thought about adding a saved function? Often times I cannot listen to content and need to come back later. As this site grows, it may be more difficult to find.

You can favorite posts.

It would be best to wait until I use the site for a couple of weeks before you ask me how I would improve it. So far, I wouldn't change anything.

I understand the rationale of the name to an extent but the word "dark" has such negative connotations that it could limit membership. One further suggestion if a name change is ever considered - "Intellectual Discussion Web".

I am also happy see a forum where free-speech is not suppressed. I consider myself fairly moderate and never use anything close to hateful language and yet it appears that my comments are being suppressed on Facebook. There is often a FB message regarding some comments being filtered out but Facebook refuses to disclose the full criteria used for such screening. Comments that particularly seemed to get suppressed were questions or skepticism of the anthropogenic warming hysteria. Climate change could be a worthwhile group suggestion if one does not already exist. Another suggestion would be a Meghan Murphy group.

I also have a bit of difficulty with the IDW name but I understand the logic behind it after listening to Weinstein. Perhaps a change of name would be worth considering. Perhaps something along the lines of "Intellectual Freedom of Expression Web".

Hello, I am a PhD in musical theory and composition. I am an old-school liberal in that I think the freedom of expression and thought are some of the most important liberties to protect. I was born into a Christian family but am now agnostic. Thanks for having me!

Okay, there's this.
I've been noodling around this place on and off for a few days. I've noticed that, as is typical, there are some 'point hogs,' highly contentious and willing to comment on literally anything. One of them is at Level 7. Good for them.

It seems the only thing that can't be attenuated on any social media platform is the needfulness of persons to own a space.

No doubt, the "Level" of contribution, and the benefits thereof, were imagined to be a benefit to a fledgling platform. For such as myself, it's more stuff to wade through. I'm just looking for 'simple.'

I think it would be ok to be able to talk about racism and be racist if you so wish. Or anything else that you want to be because freedom of speech is going away.

Hi Admins, thanks for what you do.
I’m brand new to the site and my first impression is I feel a bit lost in the jumble if content.
A solution?
Maybe if the topics were “visually bracketed” that would help. In other words, a border which defines each topic/links/comments section from it’s neighboring topic set.
Just my thoughts...Thanks!

I’m sorry I do now see that the topics ARE in their own tiles, what if the background were darkened to create greater contrast?

The one thing that is missing is the ability to easily take a news article and share it to your site. It is probably already in the works, but all the major social media sites are already implanted in virtually every thing online. If i am online, and want to share, Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn etc., all have buttons at the tops of their sites for you to click on if you want to share to them.

I just started working with this site, so i wuold have no idea how to make the site better.

Primary image f👩 does not work correctly. Cant change profile photo.

I'll need to see what's here before I'd venture to suggest anything one way or the other.

A simple ‘back’ button would be nice!

I'm a mathematical physicist graduated in Chile, living in Downey, California (USA), working on Fluid mechanic behavior as an independent researcher, building new algorithms to build new analytical models for weather forecasting (right now they work with numerical methods ONLY, and that is why they cannot predict anything far away then 2 weeks from now and the main reason that the climate crisis is a HOAX), I don't trust in DEMOCRACY parse nor AUTHORITARIAN REGIMES, I do believe in the REPUBLIC(those 3 have different substantial principles), The republic should be protected from the HOAX impulsed by the democratic party.

The mere fact that this site exists is enough for me.

I'm not crazy about something already baked in. "Dark" in "dark web." I'd want to use something like light, intellectual sunshine, as in light is the best disinfectant for odious ideas, not censorship.

Yes, that's Eric Weinstein's word. Mostly made up that the mainstream news could joke about without effect. We're thinking of a new domain for the site too - ideas?

@Admin I understand the reason for the term and I think it was useful. The problem is that it is too easily conflated with "the dark web," which is problematic. A suggestion? I'll have to think about it. Disinfectant sounds a bit acidic, Sunlight sounds Maoist, cultural-revolutiony, as it were. Naming is very difficult.

@Admin how about intellectual backlash?

Intellectual Resistance
Rising Light
Rekindled Renaissance
Senate of light
Senate of Minds
Plato’s Army
Thinker’s without Borders
The Whole (as in the Whole is greater than the sum of it’s parts)

I realize most are problematic or silly, but hey they’re FREE!
Thought these were funny, maybe good for Memes;
Just say No...to Dogma
This is your brain on Dogma

@StefanSanders

"Cultural Bias"

@StefanSanders I like without borders. I'd say Thinking Without Borders rather than Thinkers. The other one I like is The Whole but maybe add Enchilada to make it light and a bit humorous.

@Admin Sandbox?
In computer systems development, a sandbox is a closed environment where new concepts are trialled. So named because if an idea is crap, you just "blow it away" and start again.

I am from UK and think this is great. The left do not want dialogue only that you conform to their way of thinking. Not on my watch. Keep up the good work there are a lot more of us than you think.

Yes, it's time to organize a movement to goodness, clarity, and truth!

Ok. I have a question. Let's talk about the trabs-gender issue. What exactly is the end game? Why is it so important to trans-gender our little boys to girls? This makes me nuts to see drag queen story hour, little boys with maje up, boys in pink tutus. Why?

Just an opinion. It has to do with shaking the confidence we have in our own senses and abilities to think. Start with the big lies first. Then the tunnel is open for the monster trucks. It's gaslighting, like Winston Smith's Ministry of Truth. Once the people decide they are incapable of thinking for themselves, they'll turn to experts to think for them. This seems to have limited success right now, thankfully.

This would make a good post - give it a try! 🙂

It is probably sensationalized to piss us off. Like everything else these days. But when a lefty judge throws a dad in contempt for not calling his son a girl, that's institutional persecution. Pure and simple.

I like the jokes and memes of course but on the serious side ld like to know or be confident that the info l share from your page is true. Do you do fact checking? If not no biggie l can but it would be handy if the basic facts were already checked.

Only links to source you trust can be considered trustworthy. This place is eat up with member opinions, perceptions, and analysis. Nothing is "fact checked" until you do it for yourself.

We only can use crowd-sourced link checking and keep an eye out for "Russian" bots.

I think it would be great to see footnote references for verification purposes.

Good idea... but do you think it would make the site more complete? We've a "source" link on some posts.

Your password field on Registration is not encrypted

Yes, all fields are encrypted now. Send a PM if you want more info. Thanks!

@Admin No it's not

Nice pickup

This looks very, very promising already.

Regards, and Thank You (just for being you...) T

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.