slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (1076 - 1100)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I saw a news broadcast with the founder of YouTube, and she indicated new rules would restrict wild conspiracy theories clogging, or slowing it down! Really. How does the mainstream media restrict all of its conspiracy theories, especially about our president? They thrive on lies.

Make it so you can save drafts of posts?

Oh, that's a good feature as currently we just have "edit post" which you're allowed to do until people start posting on it. Well, depending on your [slug.com] levels, you have more time to edit it.

Thanks and congrats on coming together for the good of all of us. One of my biggest concerns is the hate we have become. It should be open to every idea that somethings wrong or right and be ok with that. More solutions on how to agree to disagree. I have seen all of you debate and brings hope that people can have a civil discussion but hitting and screaming to get a point a crossed is getting to be the norm. I also think this should start with the people at the top many who are on tv with the twisted face of anger telling us to fight against one another. I also would love to see some older seats in the house move a little quicker to bring in the new ideas. These kids are not given a chance to move into the big boy seats.

Thanks - perhaps we can be the antidote for hate?

"It is the magician’s bargain: give up our soul, get power in return. But once our souls, that is, ourselves, have been given up, the power thus conferred will not belong to us. We shall in fact be the slaves and puppets of that to which we have given our souls."

C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Is there an app to allow access?

yes, we have them done but are struggling to get them approved by Apple and Google. I'll make a post about this later today. Thanks!

I wonder if there’s an app to access the site on your phone?

yes, we have them done but are struggling to get them approved by Apple and Google. I'll make a post about this later today. Thanks!

I like to discuss current events and politics mainly in the US but am open to any discussion.

I just registered minutes ago so I’ll have give it some time for any feedback.

...been waiting for this for a hot minute! I am highly sceptical that this is what Dr. Peterson and Mr Rubin have been working so hard on. Any way we can verify that this isn't an angry clone site?

Agreed. The contributions by JP, Harris, Rubin and the others is what makes me interested in the IDW, but every movement needs leadership for focus and purpose. It would be nice to know that these leaders are associated with this site.

@KIrsten I'm a friend of a few of the key IDW personalities and just want to help organize the movement. We will stay independent for now but will seek more public endorsement as soon as the apps are approved (hopefully this week)

Hi there, I’m new to IDW and excited to be here. I’ve gotten very frustrated at all the crazy in the mainstream media. It’s like watching a scary movie where the actors won’t wake up and see the monster around the corner. It’s a bunch of people who wield a great deal of power through the privilege of their visibility, but who are run by their amygdala. We are fed fear and reactivity which will only serve to further divide. I lean more conservative and libertarian, but every time I sit down with a liberal we actually have a conversation that, if replicated publicly, has potential for healing this divide. Most people are not crazy from my experience. Most people are uninformed, and that counts me sometimes. What I would do to be a part of a visible, public forum having discussions and debates aimed at finding the truth. The prerequisite is, one needs to be willing to be wrong. The truth is far more important than anyone’s ego or a group’s collective ego/identity. The mainstream media drives the fear that perpetuates the tribalism. This has to stop. Thanks to the Intellectual Dark Web for being the movement of truth and sanity.

I’m excited to see some new sites to complete with the liberal social media

I meant compete

I’m banned on FB for 6 months out of the year or longer, as well as a lifetime ban on Twitter. Da truff hurts!

Ah, so you come with a warning label. Nice! 🙂

Just joined. I’m from Rockland Ma. I’m kinda conservative on most topics and a little bit Liberal on some stuff. As an example on abortion. I’m pretty much not for it. However I’m also against the government having a say on what I can and can’t do with my body.

Well I really dislike hate and discontent..discontent does no one any good, really..and hate does you harm
And let's face it, no one cares for your hate.

Just joined a few min ago. I'll provide feedback once I check it out.

I was starting to feel completely fed up with the lack of true debate on social media. It was beginning to translate to a personal feeling of societal minority and hopelessness in our future as a whole. I could write an air-tight piece...only to have the responses fall to personal attacks and illogical hatred. I’ve spent ridiculous hours attempting to listen to people and understand opposing perspectives and their respective foundations only to have very minimal and nonexistent efforts reciprocated in return. I’m tired of being baited into debate by those only looking to argue and “win”.

Due to the name association (dark web) I had to get some background before signing up. Quite the riske choice there but after a little research I am tentatively hopeful this platform will be a much more worthwhile endeavor.

My perspective of Facebook et al is akin to that of a town after the frontlines of war have moved through on their way to mutual destruction.

Have you heard of the term "Intellectual Dark Web" before reaching this site? It would be good to know as we promote the ideas more.

Hey, I completely relate to the hopeless feeling. You’re right. Both sides have to want to dance. It does seem like the media knows they have great power, and they won’t risk relinquishing it by televising a true, honest debate. There is no commitment to truth here. How do we battle that? Maybe we are doing it, as a grass roots movement. We just need greater visibiiity.

@Admin
I saw an ad for it somewhere in social media land.

How can we, the American citizens, help others to see the corruption and negative policies that the left is pushing. How do we show people that this is a very dangerous. For our country. So many listen to MSM and think they are truly getting the truth.

Bedspread..I like you have been concerned, but so many times I'm taken back by the utter colossal mater of the left..the contrast between our firm upbringing and the stupidity of the left. I can only hope the contrast will be enough. (My fiance' is Filipino and there is always that)

Thank you for accepting me into the IWD community.

I’m sure you’ve already thought of this, but it could be very useful to incorporate multiple choice questionaires on the website, the way okcupid does, for the purpose of identifying demographics and commonalities amongst members.

All posts can include a poll where you can have either a single or multiple choice answers. Look for "Make Poll" buttons.

Thank you for starting the sight. I hope it is a place to have an open dialogue about substantial matters of life, family, politics, morality and economics.
I would suggest mantaining a dynamic board of staffers that have proven themselves to be true thinker and a balance of agreeable and non-agreeable type personalities as well as nurturing and income providers.
A thought that might improve the interactions would be to give options for an “Agree” and “Disagree” button. I have not had a chance to examine this site much yet but anything that helps with searching subject matters and maybe an option to look at the most talked about subjects for the day, week, and month would be beneficial.
Thank you

We have about 10 options of "like" include a "dislike/grrr" one. We hope to use these to identify members who we'd like to promote. Look for the "Trending" button to see what topics are most active this week. See, your wishes come true!

@Admin I did see the options but they are open to interpretation. For example, a angry face could mean someone is angry at a comment someone made, or angry becaue they agree with them but the subject matter is upsetting. Having the Agree or disagree opinions are more to the point. Optiononal buttons that are more targeted to opions instead of emotions. Like, doesn’t sound correct, not convincing, need more information, so on

The idea of the leveling system is great, it gives more of an incentive to be creative, innovative and precise in making a point - so maybe more levels in the future?

My messages tab seems to be broken leading me to a website crash, also crashes on Chrome for my android device.

To really improve the site we are going to need to reach out to public figures such as Peterson, Rubin, Joe Rogan, Harris etc. I only found out from an ad of Facebook a couple of days ago, imagine big names supporting this website via their YouTube to gain more traffic.

More customization for groups and profiles, to make things looking better however not too much that it looks tacky.

The ability to change to night mode would be a nice feature.

Maybe sometime in the future a way to see how many people are online? In the right or left side of the screen, do not need it but it is nice to know other people are on thinking hard whilst you are - its like its a movement that advocating for grand ideas, and grand ideas only.

Keep it up, this is a great website once more people start coming it'll be more like clockwork - keeping working on it!

Great ideas thanks! 1) yes, we need help reaching key IDW figures, 2) thinking to have a large background image for profiles and groups for the header, 3) night mode is coming, 4) on desktop, look for a button with a chart and number... it shows stats! Working hard for you...

Hello ..Just joined from Lil old New Zealand
I'm enthusiastic about this site as being also on a similar formate . I enjoy the groups consentrating on certain subjects.. I host a music group on another site & enjoy the posts and comments . As humerous or serious as they may be. . . I wanted to acknowledge the welcome given on joining . As a truly genuine human being from the States ( who will remain nameless (in case I contract foot in mouth ) . So thank you admin for existing , bringing a platform for otherwise voiceless .

Hi Mark, glad you made your way here. I think you'll like it on here as you'll be in good company (a majority of the membership on this site leans to the right). I started a libertarian group on here for conservatives/independents/and libertarians to discuss politics and exchange news stories, you are more than welcome to join.

@SpikeTalon I will scurry off to do that now .thanks Spike.... Our mutual friend Trajan61 reposted the link for me . As I was stricken with the flu when you first posted it and couldn't do a coherent reply any justice.
There is a very long and heartwarming thread .commenting on your departure and best wishes for the future.. Good people attract good people..

@Seriousreason Trajan had mentioned that to me on here via private message, and he's under the name Harleyman on here. Sorry to hear you were sick with the flu, hope you are feeling better. Could you get a screenshot of that thread you mentioned above? Again, glad you are on here, and this site so far is promising...

@SpikeTalon yea sure, will do.. Harleyman.. I like it. .. I will sort out your request very soon.. I'm currently out the door to a friends . But will follow up soon. Thanks for the " feeling better thoughts"".. I'm 80% better suppose to be back at work tomorrow.

Are you guys going have an App or something similar Facebook?

We have the apps done but are fighting with Apple and Google to get them approved. We're getting some strange reasons for them not being approved. Grrr.

@Admin there are no strange reasons..valid ones anyway ..they just don't want to give up the hold they have

When I first visited the site, I was asked to refer members.
Thomas Sowell
Nasim Taleb
Jonathan Goldberg
Camille Paglia
Mark Steyn
Scott Adams
Rodney Stark

Interesting list! Feel free to post some of their videos etc that you think are more relevant to the community. 🙂

Gimme time🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.