slug.com slug.com

1181 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1181 comments (701 - 725)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think your followers would benefit from Thomas Quiggin's research, experiences and views.

Try to get the stars off the IDW to involved somehow.

I can’t believe we’re finally here!!! So very excited! I’ve been following and praying for these guys for over 2 years and they are now like family.

Somebody please interview Victor Davis Hansen “The Case for Trump” and Thomas Sowell with SO MANY AMAZING BOOKS. It’s like watching your best friends meet and like each other. ???

Thank you for all of the work you guys have done! I hope and pray we will all rise up together.

Proof-reading a post, can we edit? How?

Yes, after you post, go to the post and click "Edit".

Hello Admin.: My Eyesight must be failing me... I cannot find a Post-Edit. All I can seem to edit is my Profile...

@Janeybird Yes, I did send you a screenshot of exactly that (see above). And, opening up the 3line options does not show any edit. Here is what it says from top to bottom: Show likes; Follow this comment; Turn off alerts; Delete; Share on Facebook... Twitter... by E-mail. That is all there is. ???? Well now, I just checked my Reply to you... Interesting! There is the edit option. Okay: You do not give an edit option on my original post, but on replies to original posts. Hmm...

I would like to see a direct link to the various speakers, preferably with their latest presentations or interviews.

Yes, we need to make this more visible.

Nice to be here with other sane rational people who believe in freedom of thought and speech. I’m currently banned on Facebook for 60 days for posting a picture of a small stone hut with the words “Faith, Folk, and Family.” Under it. We must break the Marxist stranglehold that zuckerberg and these other leftists have on all the social media and information platforms.

gasp
Yep, that's hate speech for sure. I don't blame Facebook for giving you the boot. 😉

Avast! Just a little #headsup.
We desperately need a "HEALTH & WELLNESS" option when posting content. NONE yet exists! Yikes

I’ll look it over, over time. I adapt to the situation, the environment. In this case the site.

Ebooks separated by category freely accessible. particularly books on history, politics, economics, and science

Thanks! I started working on a directory of tags here: [slug.com]

Tags seem limited to a singe word. #freespeech doesn't but #liberty links.

Tags can be comprised of multiple words but without spaces. Both of your tags works for me.

@Admin Odd wasn't the other day.

Seems even Youtube playlist link shows as a video.

Position? Like market targets? Seems to be for Free Speech Absolutism and Critical Thought.

Site seems fine, uploading videos stall at 9%.

Happy to be part of the movement leave the Facebook

We're doing our part - welcome!

Happy to help with graphics! Let me know if I can contribute!

Yes, happy to get feedback and ideas anytime!

Hi all,
I'm just a guy who enjoys the little things, such as small government, liberty and the intrest of happiness! I love to laugh and as my name implies it can be a little shady. But I firmly believe people laughter is the best medicine! Thanks for having me!

Add Camille Puglia I'm very wary of political Parties and MOVEMENTS-but I'll give it a try.Don't need e.g. "Peterson destroys whoever".Very Childish.Don't need such bias . Let the arguments speak for themselves.

Agreed, facts are more powerful than opinion.

Agree 100%

I try to live in my homeland Sweden, but it's getting more and more horrible for every year.
My work is within the Swedish Lutheran Church (former "State Church" ), which since the last decades has been totally overtaken by leftists/postmodernists/christianity haters/islam lovers.

I've heard Sweden has some of the toughest anti-free-speech laws in western Europe. Is it true that the media is prohibited to list any stats based on ethnicity or religion?

@Admin In theory: I don't know. In deed: yes. An example: The last efforts from the Swedish police to keep stats based on ethnicity, was in the 90's, and concerned the crimes of certain gypsy clans. All hell broke loose when this "list" reached mainstream media. Since then, every effort to gather statistics over, say rape crimes done by immigrants, or similar matters, has been banned.

Woo hoo! Intellectual Freedom embodied in an online community. I pray that this becomes insanely huge in it own right. Those who get deplatformed need a place to think through dangerous ideas and hash them out.

Thanks - we're working hard 🙂

Happy to see a platform that could elevate my understanding of political events in this evermore complex information arena. I am pleased to read other's thoughts which hopefully help to sort or reinforce my position.

I have something you can do. Fix the comments so they take carriage returns. Paragraph function doesn't seem to work in comment-mode. Which makes every commenter look like some newb writer who can't use paragraphs. Doubleplus ungood.

Edit: never mind. It looks like the paragraph collapse shows up only in the poster's main page, and not in the actual page of the group where the comment is posted.

Glad it worked 🙂

@Admin Well, you might still look into fixing it so that carriage returns are never collapsed anywhere. I don't think it's ever "worth it."

I’m so happy to have found a place that seems to be more interested in truth than in $&@&ing political correctness. Both Left and Right politics have severe problems which each parody in the other, even while talking past each other. Perhaps some of this can be addressed.

I'd like to see Candace Owens and William Lane Craig added. Other than that, no suggestions.

We've a group for "Candace Owens Fans" Group and when you reach level 4, you can create new groups!

@Admin Awesome, thank you! Yeah I searched her name and all I found were threads, but the link took me right there. Also, I take it I can't give "coins" to Candace Owens because she's not a member or something?

@Vic2Point0 You can "give" coins to her now at [slug.com]

Add video and audio to the page. ie.. make the when you hover over text have it read the comments.

Some browsers have text to speech built in - especially for people with low vision. Could consider that?

@Admin Just a thought to take this to the next level application. Text to speech does work for hold page but not for blocks of text.

It is confusing, I am just used to being in a chat, I really would like to talk privately or with like-minded people for some fun where people don't grab you comments and look up one's information. With get points and such seems to much of a scam to me and bothersome. Personally I would rather just chat with like-minded or different minded people.

Sure, but how to know which person to talk with?

There's the rub...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.