slug.com slug.com

1180 378

Let us know your ideas on how to improve this new site!

As we just launched this site, we're still adding features and ramping up promotion. Let us know what you'd like to see here and we'll make it so! Our goal is to help facilitate not only the exchange of ideas but to help consolidate a clear message on important topics.

Also, please give us your thoughts on how we should best position this site so as to live up to the ideals of the IDW movement.

Thanks so much!

Admin 8 Feb 14

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1180 comments (476 - 500)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nice to be here with other sane rational people who believe in freedom of thought and speech. I’m currently banned on Facebook for 60 days for posting a picture of a small stone hut with the words β€œFaith, Folk, and Family.” Under it. We must break the Marxist stranglehold that zuckerberg and these other leftists have on all the social media and information platforms.

gasp
Yep, that's hate speech for sure. I don't blame Facebook for giving you the boot. πŸ˜‰

I would like to see a direct link to the various speakers, preferably with their latest presentations or interviews.

Yes, we need to make this more visible.

Proof-reading a post, can we edit? How?

Yes, after you post, go to the post and click "Edit".

Hello Admin.: My Eyesight must be failing me... I cannot find a Post-Edit. All I can seem to edit is my Profile...

@Janeybird Yes, I did send you a screenshot of exactly that (see above). And, opening up the 3line options does not show any edit. Here is what it says from top to bottom: Show likes; Follow this comment; Turn off alerts; Delete; Share on Facebook... Twitter... by E-mail. That is all there is. ???? Well now, I just checked my Reply to you... Interesting! There is the edit option. Okay: You do not give an edit option on my original post, but on replies to original posts. Hmm...

I can’t believe we’re finally here!!! So very excited! I’ve been following and praying for these guys for over 2 years and they are now like family.

Somebody please interview Victor Davis Hansen β€œThe Case for Trump” and Thomas Sowell with SO MANY AMAZING BOOKS. It’s like watching your best friends meet and like each other. ???

Thank you for all of the work you guys have done! I hope and pray we will all rise up together.

Try to get the stars off the IDW to involved somehow.

I think your followers would benefit from Thomas Quiggin's research, experiences and views.

Hello People I'm from USA Michigan, Im Pro Trump and very much HATE what the left is doing to our Country, I am very disturb on whats going on at our Borders and Feel Distraught on the Muslims infiltrating the USA and Our Government and how our leaders are just letting it happen And not letting our people on the the Left know about, although they should have picked it up by now! Stay Safe and Be Blessed!

Please have a category for 'Quotes' please.

I’m just getting started and looking forward to getting involved. I was hoping there would be a group for Heather Heying. Once I find my feet, maybe I’ll start one.

A search feature would be nice. I have not found one as of yet, but I will keep looking!

@Janeybird Where is the search function? It's not glaringly obvious to me at this point. Thanks!

Click on your profile pic. At the top.

Hi Admin, really not liking this new group post arrangement. I don’t know if I’m missing something but I can’t see a list of the latest posts on any/every topic? It was already confusing given the time and date differences between countries - now I find myself looking at posts from early April. There’s just doesn’t appear to be any order to how we see posts now.

Sorry to complain - you do a great job anyway.

We made a change recently to be more group-centric instead of general posts. We did this to better focus on the IDW member groups.

Define what you mean by "position" this site: This can be a topic unto itself for discussion.
May the site evolve? Set in stone? Layered?

Agreed. We are still trying to figure out how we can help get more people involved in discussions/etc. We should make a post on that sometime too. Thanks!

I am unable to paste in any links when I attempt to create a post. Is this intentional?

There was some changes in the text input field recently. We'll look into it. Thanks!

Been giving this some thought. With the open forum now available a debating stataging game sounds fun. Randomly picked team members? A list of topics to choose from time to research and prepare. Weekly games? 3 strike rule rule for rude off topic comments? Elimination by falling to provide facts?
Some issues off the table, like people religion (groups only) Thoughts?

Interesting idea, thanks!

Did the design change, the post button is one from the top menu.

Yes, we tried to simplify the home page by moving the "Post" function to the top of the page.

Dont force me to give a zip code fake or otherwise. Same with birthdate. Period.

Yeah, we hear ya. We're thinking of just making all that optional. Thanks!

Thank you for this new social media page where free speech is still free!! It is tiring to see every conserevative post on Twitter and FB being bombed by the "tolerant left". I don't have ea ton of time to be on but I'm glad that this is a growing community. I will post links to it on my FB account. I don't have enough Twitter followers to count. LOL!

Hello and welcome. Yes, time management proves to be a challenge on this site, so much to see and contribute to! The Learn tab at top has a lot of resources and overview. Look forward to see your posts, tc.

I was 'suspended' for inferring that someone was stupid for refusing to believe hillary committed crimes...is that the position of the idw community? that i be suspended for stating the obvious? just curious...

I don't know, acerbic.

Let me know how I can help out with these fun rides, really appreciate this platform. Sent pm too, but know its crazy busy for y'all.

Also, when there are site maintenance issues and updates, could a general message be posted up. Please, thank you.

Yes, we need to come up with an easier way to say what's new. We a bit of a scramble this past week as we are trying to shape the conversation.

I’m getting used to the format and look forward to discovering more. It’s also a great feature to see like minded people in my area especially living in NH

Thanks for the encouragement. We are nudging the site in an attempt to get the right balance of expression and direction.

Your restrictions on speech and content are very minimal compared to Twitter, Youtube, and Facebook, and I thank you for that. Please continue to make a point of not becoming Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey in February 2019: "I Don’t Believe That We Can Afford To Take A Neutral Stance Anymore"

It depends on what "neutral" means. If one had facts that suggest that the "neutral" position is not good for the future of the country, Dorsey needs to start with that. It seems that if we assume Dorsey is a smart person, we'd have to believe the motivation for his deplatforming actions is that he has some facts to suggest those who he's deplatforming are doing something bad for the future. I would be interested to know what facts suggest this.

@Admin you assume that simply because someone is of high intellect, that they are of high character. It’s very possible that Dorsey is privy to some information that suggests he is deplatforming people out good intentions, but it’s just as, if not more probable, that there’s some malice at play. I think it’s a combination of the two, Dorsey is partisan leftist and obviously thinks that the best/only path for the US is a leftist one, and anything standing in opposition is harmful to the country. Therefor, he can justify in his own mind discriminating and targeting anyone with a dissenting opinion, and he sleeps like a baby.

@Admin This is an extremely dangerous position, and I am very disappointed to see an IDW admin adopt this stance. Your statement "It seems that if we assume Dorsey is a smart person, we'd have to believe the motivation for his deplatforming actions is that he has some facts to suggest those who he's deplatforming are doing something bad for the future" is, frankly, the beginnning of totalitarianism, because, whenever you suppress free speech, the question is - Who Decides? Didn't Stalin think his opponents were bad for the future? Didn't Mao? Didn't Hitler? Didn't the Catholic Church when it instituted the inquisition?
And, as has been comprehensively proven, "smarts" and wisdom are not the same thing. Not to mention that "smarts" do not give someone the moral authority to decide what is good for everyone else.
I hope you will retract this position quickly and comprehensively, because there is NO reason for the IDW to exist if that is a core tenet. I await your response.

I'd would rather NOT see posts from groups that I have not chosen to join.

We are only showing IDW groups regardless if you're a member. For thoses, just click the "hide" buttons to never see them again.

Thank you. I hope I can figure out the operational side of this site.

I feel it is necessary for the website to provide a clear and definite mission statement, one that is clearly displayed before accessing content, the statement should outline several undeniable tenants essentially a bill of rights. You should define the site as a privately held public utility. You should set up a "judiciary" in the case actions against a user are taken by the site. Users act as jurors randomly selected with a 2/3 majority for non permanent actions and unanimous agreement for permanent bands if that action is ever deemed necessary. You should find a secure method for insuring only actual individuals have access.

Wonderful idea - especially as we work out the balance of full expression and limits. We're currently trying to balance the positive image of the IDW public figures and the content of non-related posts. May take a week or so to know the next steps. Thanks!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20034
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.